Wolfpak Decals March 2016

Gentlemen,

Time for the next release from Wolfpak Decals.  The first sheet 72-104, Death with Finesse has the following: 

F-4B from VF-102 during the first Enterprise cruise in 1962.  A F-16CM from the 180th FW, Ohio ANG last fall with the new Have Glass V paint scheme.  The F-35A also from last year is the commanders jet of the 62nd FS.  Two F-22A’s are up next.  One is the commander’s jet from the 95th FS and the other has mission marks and is from the same unit.  Lastly,  from operations a few years ago over Libya is an EA-18G from VAQ-132.  This jet has tails in a desert camouflage.

Sheet 72-105, Splintered.  This is as close as I’ve come to date with a single subject sheet.  All aircraft on this sheet have a splintered camouflage pattern. Here’s what is on the sheet.

First off there are two Swedish Air Force jets; a Draken which was used to develop the pattern for the Viggen and a Gripen in a special retirement scheme.  Next are options for two F-15A’s with the same pattern but two different paint schemes and a F-15B also in a splintered scheme.  There are decals to do one F-15A and one F-15B.  During 1986 a F-16B was painted in a splintered scheme complete with false canopy and shadows depicting a tail on the underside of the jet along with topside markings on the belly.  The same was applied to the two seat F-16XL which is next on the sheet.  The F-4’s are from two squadrons of the 58th TFTW at Luke.  The last subject is a F-5E from the 65th Aggressors at Nellis AFB.  Of those aircraft that have false canopies decals have been provided for all but one.  That one is an F-4 in which the canopy extended into the sparrow missile wells which would make a good looking decal fit impossible.

Sheets should be in stock in a week or two.

Mark S.

Sht%2072-104%20Color%20Instructions.jpg

Sht%2072-105%20Color%20Instructions.jpg

Edited by Mark S.
Corrected verbiage

Paul,

Thanks. I work from photos and don't use other decal manufacturers' artwork for anything.  Most manufacturers missed the wing tip markings, the number on the nose gear door and the data block on this subject as well which I have included.  In sizing decals I look at the relationship between the artwork and known landmarks (typically but not exclusively panel lines) on the aircraft. 

Mark

10 hours ago, Flyboyf18 said:

Mark is there an error in the title? Since I have tried to find these sheets on your site I'm guessing it should read 2017!?

Details, details...

Love your work Mark. Could you put page numbers on your instruction sheets? Most of the time no numbers isn't a problem, but (you knew that was coming). On some sheets it's hard to tell if the subjects are close together. Thanks

wayne

:worship:

On 30/03/2017 at 0:07 PM, Mark S. said:

Wayne,

I'll see in the future but I wouldn't hold my breath.  I'm not all that good with word.

Mark

Mark,

Depending on which version of Word you are using (I have 2010) go to the 'Insert' ribbon and you will see 'Page Number' about half way across the ribbon. Click it and select where you want to put it. Pretty easy!

Gents:

Want to give you a heads-up.  Fantasy made a mistake on the F-4B decals making the ejection seat markings a red triangle in lieu of the older white with red lettering and border.  They have a correction being printed ASAP and I’ll send off the correction to those purchasing the sheets in the manner I normally do.  The perfect storm of Oops!  I have another World War II  1/72 release due out in April and a surprise release for the 1/48 crowd in May.  Don't tell them.

Mark

Edited by Mark S.
added WWII info
  • 2 weeks later...

Gents,

The corrections for the ejection seat triangles are in for sheet 72-104 and will ship with the sheet now.  For those of you who have already purchased the sheet I will ship them out in your next order unless you contact me and request that they go out sooner.

Mark

Wolfpak Decals