CD72062 - 1/72 C-130H "Guard Herks"

Like I mentioned in the 1/48 thread, I will release this in 1/144 in the near future as well.

As the saying goes, "let's get this party started" by posting a few profiles. C-130H 90-1794 in the 179th AW's 60th anniversary scheme in 2008 is the first option, and the main attraction on this sheet:

cd72062promo1.jpg

Just a couple points about the upcoming C-130 sheets:

-Note that you will need resin DIRCM turrets for several of the 12 options on the sheet. These are available from Spectre, and possibly others in the future (I am talking to one resin manufacturer now)

-The use of Attack Squadron's resin C-130E/H replacement nacelles is highly recommended. The Italeri C-130E/H kit nacelles are too short - because the Italeri kit was first designed as a DC-130A many years ago. There are two sets of red nacelle checkers for the Ohio ANG anniversary scheme on my decal sheets : one designed for the Italeri kit nacelles, and one designed specifically to fit the Attack Squadron nacelles. 

Edited by KursadA
  • 2 weeks later...

Take a look at the following photo from Cybermodeler : this is how wrong the Italeri kit nacelles are. The kit parts are at the top, corrected Attack Squadron nacelles are at the bottom.

attack_48046_parts2.jpg

• 1 month later...

I will receive the 1/48 and 1/72 scale Guard Herks sheets next Monday, and will post photos soon afterwards. Preorders will be enabled this weekend, and I should be able to start shipping in 7-10 days.

I received a question about the wing walkway stripes - the decal sheet provides a complete section for the curved "complicated" section near the tail. The rest of the wing / fuselage walkways are very simple and straight, and the user is expected to cut the striped to length and apply them as shown in the instrutions.

4 hours ago, KursadA said:

Both the 1/72 and 1/48 kits are designed for the Italeri kits. It is the only game in 1/48, and the most widely available in 1/72. 

There are some of the 1/72 ESCI Hercules kits floating around out there.......

....and the old Airfix/MPC kits.....

Edited by Johnopfor
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Fighting Eighty-Four said:

I am about to purchase these decals because I want to do the Ohio ANG scheme (I am from Ohio), but the kit I have is the C-130J.  If I get the Attack Squadron H Nacelles and sponsons, would I need anything else to backdate that kit to an H that is not in the J boxing?

I am not sure what might be missing in the C-130J kit that was in the -H boxing. Perhaps someone with access to both kits could help.

5 hours ago, KursadA said:

I am not sure what might be missing in the C-130J kit that was in the -H boxing. Perhaps someone with access to both kits could help.

2 hours ago, Trojan Thunder said:

The J kit is basically the E (posing as an H) kit with new engine sprues and extras for the J like the EWSP mods.

You are good to use the J kit and swap out the engines and sponsons to give you an H.

Perfect, thanks Ray for the info, that is exactly what I needed to know!

Kursad, you can expect an order from me as soon!

Edited by Fighting Eighty-Four
7 hours ago, Fighting Eighty-Four said:

Perfect, thanks Ray for the info, that is exactly what I needed to know!

Kursad, you can expect an order from me as soon!

Good, but please note that I am on vacation in Europe right now and can not ship any decals until August 6. I sent Scott Z.  (Ebay seller "rebelalpha") a small supply of these decals and he should have them available to ship right now.

thanks