C-130 flap colors

I'm working on the 1/72 Italeri MC-130 kit using the Attack Squadron resin flaps.  What is the color of the tray that the flaps sit in when fully retracted?  (I'm doing a gunship over light gray SPECOPS machine, if that matters).  

Interior yellow? Interior Green? Gray?

thanks,

Chris

If I have understood the question correctly the answer is silver.

I recently saw an RNZAF C-130H which had just exited an upgrade program about two weeks before. It was on the ground and the flaps were fully deployed, I remember taking note of how clean the underside was and the silver colour stuck in my mind because I don't remember noticing it before.

Edited by Alternative 4

The MC-130;s in the gunship gray over gray the flap wells are painted the gunship gray...we have 64-0559 in the hanger here as a loadmaster trainer and I'll look tomorrow. The flight deck and cargo compartment are black. No light glare when using NVG's.

1 hour ago, shadoweng said:

The Flap Wells are the same color as the Gunship Grey....  I am assuming you mean full extended...  If you mean retracted then it would be this...

https://flyawaysimulation.com/modules/Images/gallery/reallifegen/MC-130H-16B.jpg

I assumed he meant extended. I thought the wells were silver. At least they were on the Hercs I worked on.

SOF airplanes everything is a shade of gray...the environment we operate in we don't want any reflection from lights or moonlight to be seen on the ground. The wheels are also painted flat black so they are hard to see at night  sitting on a runway or an approach to an airfield blacked out.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-03-31 at 6:18 PM, swimmer25k said:

I'm working on the 1/72 Italeri MC-130 kit using the Attack Squadron resin flaps.  What is the color of the tray that the flaps sit in when fully retracted?  (I'm doing a gunship over light gray SPECOPS machine, if that matters).  

Interior yellow? Interior Green? Gray?

thanks,

Chris

Chris,

I would be interested in seeing some in-progress pics of the Attack Sqd flaps as I just got these myself. Did you get their engine set also? They're very nice as well. The flap detail blew me away. I'm very impressed.