Venezuelan Sukhoi SU-30 MK2 (pics restored)

I just would like to mention here that I followed the original specifications for the Venezuelan special scheme, which were kindly provided to me by the designer. And they depict the tail exactly like I designed it. It looks like the actual implementation of the scheme differed somewhat from the specs, Good to see that you were able to find a solution that works for you and your kit.

KursadA Yes I wouldn't doubt for a minute that it has been changed last minute even by people painting it!!

I did some research and found this site

http://mobile.dudasite.com/site/adolfoalfonzo.blogspot_2/home?url=http%3A%2F%2Fadolfoalfonzo.blogspot.com%2F2011%2F07%2Fsukhoi-su-30mk2-quinto-aniversario.html%3Fblog_id%3D2639124142833556121%26post_id%3D7806849689513800308%26search_category%3D#2949

there's the proof your word is true! It was supossed to be red!! But it somehow ended up Yellow!!

once again great job!!

The stab is "corrected" I mean it's been painting as it is on the plane differing from the design.

Since painting yellow is never easy, and even less if painted over red! I sprayed a bit of white over the existing color and then I painted the yellow, Thanks God I still had the mask I used the first time so It was fairly easy to paint

IMG_8824.jpg

Now it is ready to get the gloss treatment unless there's something else I haven't seen!!

IMG_8825.jpg

And one pic of the real plane just for illustration purposes! credits to the author

IMG_7165.jpg

Edited by kike
21 minutes ago, cinun10 said:

NIce work Kike...but, You painted seven stars...for me is Ok. because...well other reasons, the real bird has eight...

Maybe I painted 7 stars for the same reasons it's ok for you  <wink> .

Yes I painted seven stars on purpose! those 8 stars remind me why I'm not anymore in Venezuela! just to elaborate a bit on this, the Chavez government changed the Venezuelan flag and added the eighth star, I had to leave the country with my family 9 years ago mostly for political reassons just like thousands of others. So yeah, my bird looks gorgeous with 7 stars!

thanks for mentioning it Cinun10!!

So do i but i live in Caracas, our hope is that this is escalating because we are approaching the end, and for me the glorious FAV died when they changed the name and the FAV anniversary date, as i said before with the stars, the stupid idea of changing everything in our coutry because of a way of thinking, AMBV is an insult, to a great Air Force once it was

Edited by oppenheimerj
16 hours ago, kike said:

BTW Caracal decals are just great!! Awesome quality!! Thnks!!

Interesting! I used their 1:72 sheet and didn't get the same feeling. They were quite thick and unlike anything I've used printed by Cartograph before.

You're doing a great job on your Flanker - can't wait to see her finished!

On 16/5/2017 at 0:27 PM, Sebastijan said:

Interesting! I used their 1:72 sheet and didn't get the same feeling. They were quite thick and unlike anything I've used printed by Cartograph before.

I felt they were great! the detail on those stabs is very shallow and even like that they conformed really nice!

IMG_8858.jpg

And I only used decal soft from Revell.

Edited by kike
  • 4 weeks later...

The build has been on hold for a while cause I was moving to a new house, and it turned out to be a whole lot of work!! The good news is that for the first time in 9 years I got to get a smal space for my builds!! small bench dedicated to that! no more building on the dinning room's table! :thumbsup:

Other than that I haven't been able to touch the kit! just before moving I got to paint the seats, my skills aren't the best when it comes to paint small things with enamel paints! I think they turned out ok! just a bit of a wash and I'll call them done!

IMG_8925.jpg

IMG_8926.jpg

IMG_8933.jpg

IMG_7378.jpg

I hope to get back to the build since we are pretty much settled!!

Edited by kike
  • 3 weeks later...

A bit of detail added to the landing gear

35603062906_9af342bdff_h.jpg

Then some paint

35317213380_ac59c15923_k.jpg

Some tiny photoetched

34863075684_00e205381f_k.jpg

Some rivets along with rescribing

34863086744_8a769346f2_k.jpg

Edited by kike

I had to change the pattern of the panel lines around de cannon in order to make it look a bit closer as in Venezuelan planes, I think I got it close enough to call it done!

IMG_9433.jpg

Ok guys after PB's suicidal move, all pictures disapeared, they are back on line again, i know even if there are not many comments some of you are following and watching this so I restored the pics and added some for illustration purposes or just for fun!

Let's hope to take this build off again since I'm settled and willing to continue!

4w_G1cz8.jpg

Regards

I've pretty much finished the over all camo, still some bits to fix but you get the idea of the looks of this build

IMG_9427.jpg

IMG_9448.jpg

IMG_9449.jpg

IMG_9493.jpg

IMG_9513.jpg

And a sneak peak of the plane with the finns dry fitted just to see!!

IMG_9520.jpg

It is really hard to picture gray tones with an Iphone camera, in person colors look slightly different and more close to the real thing, I'm pretty happy with the result even though there are still tons of bits to do, I feel like I'm a lot closer to the finish line!