Venezuelan Sukhoi SU-30 MK2 (pics restored)

18 hours ago, Armored said:

Simply marvelous! The color scheme and the finish makes this a real beauty! Great job on the wash. Not too heavy, not too light.

I'm with the others, this makes me want to build one of these :rolleyes:

The modelling world needs more venezuelan Sukhois!! go get another one and build it!!

6 hours ago, Janissary said:

The colors are such a good match. I know you gave the FS numbers and mixes, but was it all MM enamels? The whole thing is looking gorgeous. Very inspiring!

Let's get more specific

36495 Light Gray 10 drops and ten drops of French light blue gray

36440 Flat Gull Gray 10 drops and ten drops of French light blue gray

36173 AMC gray 10 drops and six drops of french light blue gray, even tho I would drop it to 10-4 cause this color is on the light side IMHO,

Anyway this plane, as meny others, changes colors depending on lighting, it was really hard to tell just by pictures since I have never seen them in person. Let me post some pictures to show you how different can it look depending on the light, so you can make your judgement and choos the colors or at least know what you are aiming for!!

IMG_7364.jpg

IMG_7382.jpg

2dv4r5c.jpg

111tvgi.jpg

0_M8_RK1n.jpg

And BTW these pics show some details that are most of the time missing on models and they are easily reproduced by your skills! I'm pretty sure you're gonna end up with a great model! I hope these pics help you!

Edited by kike

Small but nice detail!

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

The pitot tube must be painted in three different colors, silver metal, camo color, steel, and silver metal again! Here's the real thing

113436_big.jpg

Edited by kike
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well after quite some time I finally got the things I needed to finish the plane itself, some other things are going to be added but the main character will be the the plane!

I have ordered ladders from Flightpath

IMG_1050.jpg

And tires from Brassin, these are for a Su-27 so I'm gonna be using only the rear ones

IMG_1047.jpg

Ladders were fairly easy to assemble since they are almost one piece and only need folding I made a decent job at it!

Tires have a great amount of detail I'd love to show, and here's where I need your help! I really suck at painting tires, and these babies really need to be paintes the right way, do you have any sugestion? I really wante them to pop!! any kind of help will be more than appreciated!!

Here's a pic to show you how nice those tires are detailed!

IMG_1060.jpg

Thanks in advance!!

the model is already standing on its legs and front landing gear almost failed! it's on its limit to hold the weight of all that resin! maybe I'm exagerating a bit but you can actually see how it flexes with the weight! I keep my fingers crossed it will hold!!

IMG_1165.jpg

And the cockpit is ready minus a light dry brush

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

So close to the finish line I can almost smell it...

Thank you guys! It's been a long but rewarding journey! I don't know if I'm relieved or sad about finishing it....I have enjoyed every step of the build and I think my son will be happy with his model!

7 minutes ago, Ichitoe said:

Well, if he's not happy with it just send it to me! HA!

Outstanding job on the build! Another masterpiece Kike!

And once again thanks to you and your lovely wife!!!