A few days ago, I bought a copy of AMK's MiG-31B/BS. For decals, I intend to use Begemot's new sheet 48044.

While looking at the instructions, I noticed that there are two types of canopies drawn. For example, see the first two marking options (#31 and #32) in the following PDF:

http://www.begemotdecals.ru/doc/48-044 MiG-31 (2).pdf

It seems that one canopy has a windshield less angled to the horizontal and looks somehow more squat.

So, my question: are there really different types of canopies, since I think Begemot decals are well researched?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Andy

i don't think there is *as much* different type of canopies on various mig-31 sub-types (excepted MiG-31M) .  i haven't seen yet any MiG-31 with such "less angled" windshield.

Edited by mingwin

Please don't check any models for draws of our instruction - use big draws form magazines and photos. I'm made first background of MiG-31 markings scheme in 2006, when designed first decals for MiG-31 1\72

mingwin, Andrey,

thank you for your replies. I haven't seen a hint to another canopy type either. I was looking at photos and read the various threads here regarding AMK and Hobbyboss.

Andrey, I'm looking forward to what will be released from Begemot regarding russian jets in Syria.

Thanks again!

Other than the mirror triangle on top of the BM/BSM versions, all the canopies and windshields are the same between all the operational versions of MiG-31. (ignoring MiG-31M as Mingwin said) So yes, this is purely begemots sheet.

Edited by Berkut