Navy to Explore Resurrecting the F-14 Tomcat to Replace the F-35

As soon as I seen this I had a feeling wit was a joke so I didn't even bother clicking the link. I would like to see them build new Tomcats and install the new electronics systems in them. I think they would tear up any adversaries they met up with. 

1 hour ago, tosouthern66 said:

As soon as I seen this I had a feeling wit was a joke so I didn't even bother clicking the link. I would like to see them build new Tomcats and install the new electronics systems in them. I think they would tear up any adversaries they met up with. 

I say this as a tomcat fan, but the Tomcats whole career was "if we could just add/fix this..." it's completely consistent that even over 10 years since it's retired we are still going over the things we could add to it that would finally make it the beast we always thought it could be...

The Lightning II has seen a considerable number of program setbacks and failures, as described by Luis Jenkins, a defense researcher on Reddit.com, the world’s most trusted source of military technology analysis.

“It just sucks, man, it can’t even fly, it can’t fire its guns, it costs $500 million to build, and we just need a new fighter that can do what the Navy needs it to do,” said Jenkins in an on-the-record phone interview with TACAIRNET. “They shouldn’t even call it the F-35, bro, they should call it the Loser-35. ‘Cause that’s what it is. Get it?”

Okay... that line made me laugh.