I'm building the Italeri 1/72 MC-130 kit.  I'll be adding the Eduard color-etch to the cockpit.  The kit seats are essentially plastic wedges and look pretty lame.  Is there any seat out there (whether it be jet or prop) that looks even remotely close to the Herc's pilot and copilot's seats?

thanks,

chris

As far as I know there aren't any aftermarket seats available for the C-130. As most resin seats are either for WW2 aircraft or ejection seats, you may either just have to put up with the kit seats or scratchbuild some.

As far as I know, there are no seats available.  I had to make my own set using drawings from the flight manual for the C-130.  Maybe Lockheed could give you a copy of the drawings for a 130 from that time.  It's worth a shot.

What Year are you looking for on the MC?  Also is it a Talon I or Talon II?  All of the Talon II's Have Ipeco seats.   The Talon One will have one Ipeco seat for the FE position and I believe the rest are the standard C-130 Seats....  Will be hard to look now since all the Talon I's are on the Boneyard.... :(