Yanks Air Museum...being Jerks...

8 minutes ago, Silenoz said:

hope the message has something to do with the date it was posted...

No...not an April Fools joke. Yanks is taking a pretty good beating on their FB page over this. Basically, crying sour grapes because the very guys who started the "warbird movement" in this country, and who are the reason anyone even knows Chino is a place on the map (outside of jailbirds and street thugs who vacation there frequently) are supposedly "inconveniencing" them for a few days.

Edited by 82Whitey51

Yeah, I saw that, and I can understand being frustrated by another event interfering with your operations, but from what I've seen and heard, it's not as much of an impact as they imply, and it's only for a few days a year.  They didn't do themselves any favors by trying to stop an event that is very popular with the very clientele they service.

I am no intellectual but if you read the Complaint there are two sides to every story so siding with POF and signing the petition seems to be a knee jerk reaction. Seems like most things this is about money and how much POF and it's owner makes and how POF impacts Yanks and adjacent businesses. From the outside it seems like the litigants want a slice of the pie for themselves and define how big the pie is in the complaint.

From the outside it also seems like the "Yanks" pie is a little bigger than "Planes of Fame's" pie as they are developing a second Museum...

https://yanksair.org/about-greenfield-project/

Either way hope they can find some common ground as there will be a heavy price to pay by Yanks, POF, the patrons that have reservations made for May, and the local economy if it is cancelled.

There are always two sides to every story. From the outside, this casts Yanks as a bunch of jerks, but the reality of the situation is that PoF forces all of the business to close for the weekend due to the parking and busing situation. If Yanks wants to hold a party for their volunteers at the air show at one of their hangers, they were required to buy tickets for each of them. So in addition to loosing a full weekend of admission fees to their museum, they have to pay to go to the air show.

I volunteered at Yanks for several years, and while I don't want to paint them as the poor beat upon neighbors, they are trying to balance the situation out. As far as that Greenfield location goes, they have been talking about it for years. I would like to see it happen, but I don't know when it will happen.

It would be great if the two museums could come to an agreement, they are great museums and this is a PR mess that should not have happened.

mason

I'm no intellectual either, but I did call Yanks, read their post on Facebook, and read the bulk of the complaint, as well as read information from people who seem to be in the know, one of which was a warbird photographer I've personally met many times, and based on all that, I signed the petition.  

It seems to me that the issue wouldn't be with the PoF museum, but with the county who manages the airport.  If all the permits are being followed, and I would think the county would do something if they weren't, then I don't see how suing PoF is the right approach.  I think they would be better served by going to the county and filing a complaint.  Given that, it seems like the lawsuit is more about getting money than protecting their business, but I am no attorney.