Decals with Yellowed Clear Film

I was wondering what is the best way to minimize the effect of aged/yellowed clear films of decals.

I never had any major issues with them until this week when I applied them to Satin white color for the first time. The yellowed clear film shows badly on white.

Any insights/suggestions?

I've been told that taping the decals to a South facing window, where the sun will hit them, will bleach the yellowed part of the decals.

Make sure there is no condensation on the window & do not leave them over night.

HTH

I put the decals in a zipper bag and stick em on my windowside with scotch tape. I leave it there for 1,2 or 3 weeks, depends.
Works everytime.

Its the oil that yellows the white plastic. its chemical. Vintage computer or covers all turn into waste.

I have this wooden F-14A JR with stand, its yellowed fuselage but still bright underside wings concludes its the oil percentage used.

I am about to trash it too, like the A6M3 I have, all wasted...

Thank you guys for all the insights but my question was how to minimize the effect of yellowed film AFTER you apply the decal not when it is still on the sheet. The decal sheet itself showed no sign of obvious yellowing until I applied the first decal.

I thought maybe a liquid solution can do the trick but I guess there is no work-around this issue.:bandhead2:

On 4/3/2017 at 8:29 AM, MiG Hunter said:

I was wondering what is the best way to minimize the effect of aged/yellowed clear films of decals.

I would cut-back the Clear film part as close to the painted part of the decal to Minimize the Yellowed, Clear film of the decals.

My other 2 ¢