LF/WTB Minicraft 1/144 DC-8 Gear/Wheels

I posted this over in The Spares Box and figured this couldn't hurt either. I'm looking for landing gear and wheels from the 1/144 Minicraft DC-8.  If you built your kit wheels up in-flight and don't need or have them laying about, I could sure use your help.  I'm in the US.  I'm willing pay for parts and postage.

Don

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Don, would this set of Handley Page Victor wheels work? I just purchased a set for my Welsh 1/144 HS Nimrod MR.2P.  Spokes are the wrong pattern, but they may work. Hannants.co.uk has them at a reasonable price, but shipping will kill you. Or maybe the B-1 late wheel set will work better? It is cheaper and more closely represents the DC-8 wheels, though they may be fatter.  I am using these ICW the SAC u/c legs for my Revell DC-8s.  I am fixing to make an order in a few weeks.  If you don't already have the SAC u/c legs or wheels, I can add a set wheels to the order and split a set of u/c legs with you. Just let me know. 

K/r,

Dutch

Edited by Dutch
added detail & link.
On 4/8/2022 at 8:22 PM, Dutch said:

Don, would this set of Handley Page Victor wheels work? I just purchased a set for my Welsh 1/144 HS Nimrod MR.2P.  Spokes are the wrong pattern, but they may work. Hannants.co.uk has them at a reasonable price, but shipping will kill you. Or maybe the B-1 late wheel set will work better? It is cheaper and more closely represents the DC-8 wheels, though they may be fatter.  I am using these ICW the SAC u/c legs for my Revell DC-8s.  I am fixing to make an order in a few weeks.  If you don't already have the SAC u/c legs or wheels, I can add a set wheels to the order and split a set of u/c legs with you. Just let me know. 

K/r,

Dutch

I think those would be too small Dutch.   Might work for a B-58 but the DC-8 has bigger mains that what the Victor had.   

Still looking and hoping.

3 hours ago, Dutch said:

Don,

How about the B-1 late wheels? That's what I am using on my Revell DC-8s. Do you already have a set of SAC undercarriage? If not, I can provide one set of those as well. 

K/r, Dutch

I still have the kit undercarriage but am missing wheels.   I guess I can check the diameter of the kit wheels against my Academy or Panda kit and see if they would work.  the kit main wheels are 7.5 mm.  

Hi Don,

PM your address to me or send it to bebrown1[AT]bellsouth[DOT]net. I have the struts and wheels still on the sprues. You're welcome to them. 

Ben

Edited by Ben Brown