1/48 ICM MiG-25RBT Foxbat-B Iraqi Air Force

On 4/16/2017 at 11:51 AM, Aigore said:

Outstanding! And like the rest I'm impressed by your exhausts! :D

Thanks Janne!  I am pretty stoked at how those turned out.  I think metalwork is my strongest skill at this point in my model building.  I still struggle with construction though, can't seem to get the "good enough-itis" out of me LOL.  Still can't seem to get the hang of re-scribing lost detail, no matter how much I try.  Anyone recommend a good tool?  I have a BMF scriber, and a sewing needle in a pin-vise, but neither seem to work well for me.

2 hours ago, Bravosierra001 said:

Looks awesome!! Beautiful weathering.

Brandon

Thanks brandon!  I will be taking this to my quarterly IPMS contest meeting on Sunday, so I hope I do well!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This model is great my friend thanks your doing Iraqi model, however, one detail is we did not have mig25 Rbt only RB. That means in your model  there is too much antenae near to DISS-3S Doppler slip/drift meter

greetings

On 2017-4-21 at 4:07 AM, Fighting Eighty-Four said:

I still struggle with construction though, can't seem to get the "good enough-itis" out of me LOL. 

Well, 'good enough' is, by definition, good enough. It also strikes me that perfection is a heart-breakingly impossible goal to set for yourself.

Anyway, she looks gorgeous to me. Well done.

On 4/30/2017 at 5:39 PM, galfa said:

Stunning. Congratulations.

How did you paint the exhausts ?

Thanks galfa, if you look on page 1 I talk about that a bit. If you have any further questions just let me know!

On 5/1/2017 at 7:22 AM, a4s4eva said:

Fantastic build

Thanks Calum, compliments from you are always very much appreciated!

On 5/14/2017 at 4:21 PM, IrPilot said:

This model is great my friend thanks your doing Iraqi model, however, one detail is we did not have mig25 Rbt only RB. That means in your model  there is too much antenae near to DISS-3S Doppler slip/drift meter

greetings

Thank you friend for the kid words and the correction.  I should have realized that when I couldn't find any info about RBTs online, so I just figured since the decals were in the box they must know something I don't.  Subject research is not one of my strong points.  I need to work on that a bit.  LOL

On 5/14/2017 at 4:39 PM, Jack Here said:

Well, 'good enough' is, by definition, good enough. It also strikes me that perfection is a heart-breakingly impossible goal to set for yourself.

Anyway, she looks gorgeous to me. Well done.

Thanks so much for the kind words Jack.  For me, good enough is good enough, but I do want to strive to get my good enough to be a little closer to perfect.  I am definitely not there yet.  I think a lot of that is my lack of re-scribing skills, so I leave imperfect seams sometimes so that I don't remove details and have to re-scribe, which I know will not turn out well.  I have learned how to use strategic weathering well to hide some of my deficiencies.  LOL

17 hours ago, Fighting Eighty-Four said:

Thanks so much for the kind words Jack.  For me, good enough is good enough, but I do want to strive to get my good enough to be a little closer to perfect.  I am definitely not there yet.  I think a lot of that is my lack of re-scribing skills, so I leave imperfect seams sometimes so that I don't remove details and have to re-scribe, which I know will not turn out well.  I have learned how to use strategic weathering well to hide some of my deficiencies.  LOL

Now that you've told me what to look for, I see what you mean. The corner of that (avionics?) panel on the port side nose? It would indeed be a tricky rescribe on that hinge line.In truth it's a minor imperfection on a splendid model, but sometimes those imperfections are all we see when we self-criticise. I'm impressed that you display such high definition photographs - no attempt to hide there!

I will attempt to to emulate you and post my latest build in the next few days (I need to find a hosting site first and take some photos). I think that, given the high standard of work here, it will amuse rather than inspire - lol! I know that you at least will be pleased by the choice of subject - Tamiya F-14A in VF-84 colours.

On 5/16/2017 at 5:51 PM, Jack Here said:

Now that you've told me what to look for, I see what you mean. The corner of that (avionics?) panel on the port side nose? It would indeed be a tricky rescribe on that hinge line.In truth it's a minor imperfection on a splendid model, but sometimes those imperfections are all we see when we self-criticise. I'm impressed that you display such high definition photographs - no attempt to hide there!

I will attempt to to emulate you and post my latest build in the next few days (I need to find a hosting site first and take some photos). I think that, given the high standard of work here, it will amuse rather than inspire - lol! I know that you at least will be pleased by the choice of subject - Tamiya F-14A in VF-84 colours.

Yep, that is exactly one area of what I meant.  Thank you for the kind words though!

That is awesome, I will have to check that out.  And of course I love anything with the ol' bones on it!