1 minute ago, Todd said:

It looks like NTC had a F***  ton  of them. Never saw that many, LOL

Yep, Todd the truly rare JUH-1Hs were the SOTAS (Stand Off Target Acquisition System) birds like this one.  Did you ever see one of these?

Ray

Image may contain: outdoor

2 minutes ago, rotorwash said:

Yep, Todd the truly rare JUH-1Hs were the SOTAS (Stand Off Target Acquisition System) birds like this one.  Did you ever see one of these?

Ray

NO NEVER saw 1 . Thats an EH-1h

Just now, Todd said:

BELL OZARK...???

Bell Ozark is Bell's Ozark, Alabama facility where all Huey II upgrades are built.  The Huey II uses the fuselage form former Army UH-1D/Hs to which all new electronics and wiring are added along with a 212 tailboom, 212 Main rotor and drive system and a L703 engine (same as in AH-1F).  She's a hot rod after the upgrade.  NOE is a Huey II is something special.

Ray

Just now, rotorwash said:

Bell Ozark is Bell's Ozark, Alabama facility where all Huey II upgrades are built.  The Huey II uses the fuselage form former Army UH-1D/Hs to which all new electronics and wiring are added along with a 212 tailboom, 212 Main rotor and drive system and a L703 engine (same as in AH-1F).  She's a hot rod after the upgrade.  NOE is a Huey II is something special.

Ray

I thought that's what you meant. Bird's of A Feather, flock to the same nest. I did 3 yrs at Rucker w/ DYNCORP

2 minutes ago, Todd said:

NO NEVER saw 1 . Thats an EH-1h

The "J" simply denotes an aircraft that has been permanently modified from it's original configuration.  The EH-1H carried the Quick Fix 1A system.

Image result for EH-1H Quick Fix 1A

2 minutes ago, Todd said:

It's truly hard to believe that the Huey LIVES on in the UH-1Y. I got a photo walkaround of that Too from Eustis

I got to tour the UH-1Y/AH-1Z line at Amarillo last year but no photography allowed.  The folks building those birds really love their jobs and care about the aircraft.  I was honored to have the general manager, Shannon Massey, give me the tour.  Shannon has 22 years with Bell and has an amazing amount of knowledge about the details of the aircraft.  So great to see management that knowledgeable about even the minor details on the aircraft.

Ray

1 minute ago, rotorwash said:

I got to tour the UH-1Y/AH-1Z line at Amarillo last year but no photography allowed.  The folks building those birds really love their jobs and care about the aircraft.  I was honored to have the general manager, Shannon Massey, give me the tour.  Shannon has 22 years with Bell and has an amazing amount of knowledge about the details of the aircraft.  So great to see management that knowledgeable about even the minor details on the aircraft.

Ray

I agree with you 100%. Sometimes I wish I could trade my 28 years Military service with 28 years of time for McDonald Douglas,Bell, or Sikorsky

It took a lot of coxing of the USMC guys, talking shop,LOL,Tech Talk, to get them to let me take photos but after they did it was pretty open, after all I have the correct clearance. And I out ranked them all anyway

5 minutes ago, snake36bravo said:

Here's a slide purported to have been taken by a grunt with the 196th LIB, 23rd ID in Vietnam.

34724446092_0cfc1479f0_b.jpg

I once had someone tell me that the soil in Vietnam wasn't really red like i had on my model.  Yeah right!

Ray

This Guy visit town today and wanted To share some small details of Her  for weathering and other purpose... By the way have flight with her a couple of times.. she is sexy :)

Enjoy them mates

30133bb.jpg

5b1t2s.jpg
2arrjq.jpg
2utglmf.jpg
2r7ppue.jpg
28rm68o.jpg
21khs7k.jpg
29uofhj.jpg
b55zqw.jpg
289dl4j.jpg
2ds0ku8.jpg
2qlac0m.jpg
2dtuo8p.jpg
300y0z4.jpg
2jbuozr.jpg
29y476s.jpg
2qc3vjm.jpg
1slh0k.jpg
2elh93k.jpg
e6r9jo.jpg
5dtfr4.jpg
33a9h0x.jpg
nxjpfm.jpg
jinktk.jpg
rsg48k.jpg
206ihvr.jpg
veraj9.jpg
2a5aqfb.jpg
2yv2ps1.jpg

14 minutes ago, CharlieUH-1H said:

This Guy visit town today and wanted To share some small details of Her  for weathering and other purpose... By the way have flight with her a couple of times.. she is sexy :)

Enjoy them mates

5b1t2s.jpg

300y0z4.jpg

Is that corrosion or just dirt fouling??

Your FOD image reminded me of something. Now THIS....THIS is some FOD!! "A Thai UH-1 Huey helicopter flies a Thai special operations unit in support of a pilot extraction exercise at the Royal Thai Air Force air show at Korat Air Base, Thailand, during Exercise COPE TIGER 2002."

34079476053_46d64ee586_b.jpg

12 hours ago, rotorwash said:

Ray

Ray,

Is that a collapsible skid? Have you seen anyone try to model that?

12 minutes ago, snake36bravo said:

Is that corrosion or just dirt fouling??

Your FOD image reminded me of something. Now THIS....THIS is some FOD!! "A Thai UH-1 Huey helicopter flies a Thai special operations unit in support of a pilot extraction exercise at the Royal Thai Air Force air show at Korat Air Base, Thailand, during Exercise COPE TIGER 2002."

34079476053_46d64ee586_b.jpg

Brother! to be honest with you I dont have any idea of what FOD means lol... what does FOD means?

Yep, A substance, debris or article alien to a vehicle or system which would potentially cause damage.

Wonderful walk around Charlie with many features to feast on.

My gut is going crazy over this image though. One of the areas I've circle appears to be a hairline crack in the blade hub. If that is indeed corrosion on those components circled my hope is they rectify it before the crew experiences an inflight separation usually followed by a rapid inverted descent from altitude.

34727376312_8d602c3a47_b.jpg 

Edited by snake36bravo
13 hours ago, rotorwash said:

Most of the JUH-1Hs came that were at the NTC came to Bell Ozark a few years back.  I photographed them on the tarmac there.  At least one has now been converted to a Huey II.

Ray

No automatic alt text available.

No automatic alt text available.

Ray,

Your JUH-1H Ozark images remind me so much of CCAD, Corpus Christi Army Depot, after Vietnam ended where I was lucky enough to witness all these Hueys coming back with many still sporting nose art and their Vietnam markings. The same practice of removing 1 tail rotor blade was in effect then.

The Green Delta CAC IV ship was used as part of the Joint Commission to observe the cease fire. They were painted in White or Red Stripes to clearly identify them. Despite that they still were shot at per those who ran the mission. You can still make out the nose art which is slightly been covered over. Notice the last UH-1H with sanded down bare metal skids. Gaggle of VNAF Hueys in that one.

These slides were all taken between Aug and Nov 1975.

34080262123_06060ee77b_b.jpg

34727629922_0a366c62a0_b.jpg

34891014575_01fbf2d53a_b.jpg

34727627982_843d524c1b_b.jpg