Navy pilots refuse to fly

Over 100 Navy instructor pilots have refused to fly T-45 training sorties due to concerns about the aircraft's oxygen system.   Hundreds of training flights have been impacted.

Not sure I'd call this a "Mutiny" or just a catastrophic breakdown in leadership but as far as I'm aware, it's unprecedented.  Can US military officers conduct work stoppages?

Crazy stuff....

I should clarify- my comment about the breakdown in leadership was directed at the pilot's chain of command.  Seems to be some strong animosity towards upper mgmt regarding this issue.  

Thanks, now you have something headed in another direction. But still is

this a safety issue? Are they refusing to fly with unsafe equipment? If so

it's not a mutiny.How is refusing to use faulty equipment a mutiny. I still

don't see where you are going.---John

Don't know what to tell you.   Google the story and form your own conclusions.  

What's the correct term when a hundred or so naval officers decide to stop flying missions?  Work stoppage?   I have no idea.   Just can't recall anything similar happening in the past except maybe when a few Raptor pilots refused to fly when that aircraft had O2 issues.   Nothing on this scale though.  

First I've read that the T-45 had problems.   When I first saw the headline, thought it was about Hornets.  

On 4/5/2017 at 6:46 PM, tosouthern66 said:

Looks like the issue is Navy wide with the O2 systems. I watched a Fox News Report and they mentioned the issue exists with Hornets as well.

Both made by McDD / Boeing.  Are F-15s having similar issues ?

I think it has to do with the OBOGS (O2 generating system) some aircraft have like the super hornet and some legacy hornets. I'm thinking that the T-45 have the same O2 system.  From what I read aircraft with LOX (Liquid O2) don't have that problem as aircraft equipped with OBOGS have.