Hal Marshman, Sr, passed away at 6:21 PM, April 4th 2017.  He was a consummate modeler specializing in Luftwaffe aircraft and other WW-II German equipment and uniforms.  He had a lifelong love affair with the P-47 Thunderbolt and was one of the most knowledgeable people on that subject.  He will be sorely missed in the modeling community, especially in the Boston area.  May he forever rest in peace with the Heavenly Father and may He guard, guide and protect Hal's family and friends.  :crying::cheers::wave:

Darwin

Edited by yardbird78

Just read it on facebook.  There are no words I can say about one of the most influential people in our hobby and the research of WWII.  He truly cared about everyone we met, and I will always hold him in high respect when he sat with me at the Columbus Nats a few years ago.

Will be extremely missed.....

Prayers to his son and the family.....

What a great guy and a great modeler.  I loved seeing his posts and reading his words.  I hope he enjoyed the corsair I sent him a couple years back as a Christmas raffle prize.  We`ll miss you Hal

He was a really great modeler and decent human being. I knew him but not all that well

he helped me out a few times with advice, parts and decal, all free and freely given. I

also had the pleasure to meet Hal at a Baycon show in southeastern Ma a few years

back. What that man could do with an airbrush and a 109 scheme was nothing less than

amazing! He even complimented me on an F4U-4B Corsair, and it was an Academy kit

to boot, he made my day. I will sorely miss his advice and help. RIP Hal!---John

I knew Hal for about 16 years.

He really did look forward to chatting with you all here at ARC and the other modeling sites as well as during shows and meets.  He was a great ambassador of the hobby beyond the regular build and bs sessions. 

He will be sorely missed. 

19 hours ago, yardbird78 said:

Hal Marshman, Sr, passed away at 6:21 PM, April 4th 2017.  He was a consummate modeler specializing in Luftwaffe aircraft and other WW-II German equipment and uniforms.  He had a lifelong love affair with the P-47 Thunderbolt and was one of the most knowledgeable people on that subject.  He will be sorely missed in the modeling community, especially in the Boston area.  May he forever rest in peace with the Heavenly Father and may He guard, guide and protect Hal's family and friends.  :crying::cheers::wave:

Darwin

what a loss! I always thought of Hal as one of the go to guys for anything P47, but never gave much thought linking him to German aircraft. Yet looking back it was there in depth. Hal's input will be sadly missed.

gary

I had the pleasure of meeting Hal at a show in MA about 5 years ago. He was an absolute pleasure to talk to about modelling and anything Luftwaffe. I still remember his most emphasized bit if advice - always pick up a 109 by the nose.

Rest In Pease, Sir.

Saw over on HS that Hal had a web page.  http://www.halsr.com/  Never knew this, it's a pretty nice site.  

Hal was my go-to guy for Bf-109 questions, really sad about this.   More so because I had met him and he wasn't just some random guy posting on ARC.  

Given the demographics of our hobby, I guess this is something that's becoming all too common. 

41 minutes ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

Very sad...Hal was a class act.

Unfortunately a well known name in the aero world and modeling has taken the opportunity to viciously attack him and disrespect his memory on Facebook. 

He and a couple of other individuals, one which also passed away a while back. Just an example of the lack of decency that some people have. 

4 hours ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

Very sad...Hal was a class act.

Unfortunately a well known name in the aero world and modeling has taken the opportunity to viciously attack him and disrespect his memory on Facebook. 

What kind of POS would do something like that?   Can't even fathom being that venomous.  Hal's family probably sees those posts.   I don't do FB, please feel free to share this guys name.  

Yeah, it is.

As Jon said, contact him (or myself) privately if you want to know who posted that.

I don't know the guy personally, but I know some folks that do, and this is par for the course with him. I have this strange feeling that when some of you find out who the poster is, you wouldn't be surprised.

16 hours ago, Johnopfor said:

I have this strange feeling that when some of you find out who the poster is, you wouldn't be surprised.

Pretty obvious who it is.  In any event, R.I.P. Hal.

Regards,

Murph