Super Etendard Armada Argentina 1/48 Kinetic

Good evening to all!!

New Aircraft on the bench...

Maybe one of the few non  U.S Navy planes that i would like to have in stash!.

The kit is from KINETIC 1/48 scale and started as usual from the Cockpit area, The whole one is painted Black but to make it a bit alive i used several black colours,

The basic one is From MM Interio Aircraft Black FS37031 following With H12 Flat black from Gunze and the last one drybrushed Chaos Black from Citadel.

Several switches were painted red-gray-yellow.

DSC00117.jpgupload image online freeDSC00116.jpgupload image online freeDSC00115.jpgupload image online free

Next step was the Exhaust sector.

I found pretty difficult to paint the Inner section of it so i decided to make a surgery, I just cut it as close as the Fan was and paint it inside with MM Metallizer colours

The first one was Titanium  Second Burnt Metal and last one Exhaust with a thin layer to replicate the Exhaust of the engine.

DSC00098.jpgupload an imageDSC00111.jpgupload an image

For the Fan i used MM metallizer also With Titanium and Burnt metal And dry brushed the edges with Stainless steel to make it a bit Lighter.

DSC00107.jpgupload an image

The pretty difficult one it that the bays of the landing gear have a lot of pinmarks... The covers are really beauty cause they are completely free of them!!

A lot of sanding is need to fix this one!!

So...

Be patient!

Thank you!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello again!!

Had some time to post so New post!!!

Unfortunatelly the kit have a lot of issues...

First of all a lot of sanding in the whole Fuselage and in some places i used CA glue to fix it!:angry:

The worst of all was thow that when i tried to Attach the Windscreen..i found out that it was.. 1.5mm smaller than the fuselage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To fix the canyon..sorry the 'Gap' i used CA Glue, Putty and a lot of sanding..

Furthermore half of the left fuselage is not scribed very well....

But..doesn;t matter....and Keep on the French Lady.

Put some weight inside in the front section

DSC00121.jpghow to screenshot on windows 7

Used alclad to paint te interior of the Inlet of the plane, but to be Honnest..it's Not Worth it, because you can;t see a thing in there!!

DSC00119.jpghow to screenshot on windows 7DSC00130.jpghow to screenshot on windows 7

The rest of the Fuselage connected...and sand again...and again..

And the 'Bird' is something like that...

DSC00123.jpgfree screen capture softwareDSC00122.jpgfree screen capture software

The outer wings are not connected yet!!

Thank you again!!!

On 7/4/2017 at 9:04 AM, K5054NZ said:

A fine start George! I look forward to your next update - especially as we're in the 35th anniversary of the Falklands War/Guerra de las Malvinas.

Thank you Zac!

That's the reason i Started this year!!! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

After a long search in the web i couldn't match an exact colour From Gunze to paint te upper surface of the plane.

The lower one was easy H316 Gloss white, Sky blue from TAMIYA for the Flag,Gloss Black for the Radome and H308 for the stripe between the Fuselage and the Radome

But the upper was a puzzle..so decided to play a game!!!

I mixed a Dark Sea Grey with intermediate Blue and fom pics matched the colour sa much as i could.

DSC00131.jpgimagehostingDSC00132.jpgimagehostingDSC00133.jpgimagehostingDSC00134.jpgimagehostingDSC00135.jpgimagehostingDSC00136.jpgfree image hostDSC00129.jpgfree image host

Next step.. Decals

I hope you like it!

Cheers,

George.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Guys!!!

The colour was a puzzle to be Honest!!! But the best part followed!!

And... the Decals must Go on!!! :)

Simply superb!! The decals are Super!!!That is the best quality that i have used since one time i tried Two Bobs Decals

The entire model was taken care with a soft cloth and i didn't use any Gloss varnish, The shine that you can see is only by rubbing the surface.

DSC00155.jpgDSC00158.jpgDSC00157.jpgDSC00159.jpgDSC00156.jpg

The undersise of the Aircraft was a bit easier to get this shiny appearence because the already Gloss white Thinned with Levelling just shines by its self!!

DSC00160.jpgDSC00162.jpgDSC00161.jpg

Also took care of the payload...

One Fuel Tank

DSC00150.jpgDSC00151.jpg

and the mighty Exocet Missile...

Just to mention that the Pylon of the Exocet is COMPLETELY WRONG!!!!

But i didn't want to fix it cause needed a lot of things..

Next time maybe.

DSC00152.jpgDSC00153.jpgDSC00154.jpg

Next time i hope to update with the Landing Gear...

Thank you for watching!!!! 

Cheers!!!

• 1 month later...