old and newer props.

hi everybody!

i'm a total newbie; i have published something in the jets, but i messed up as i posted also some props, in the inappropriate place.

so this is the first time i come out on this subforum, and i hope that i do everything the right way.

i just want to "show off" some aircrafts i have modeled in the last years.

as the format to post pics directly is too small and i don't know how to manage it yet, i am posting the links to some google photos albums i created on purpose.

i hope that i can say: enjoy!

-ad-1 skyraider. it took me more time to assembtle all that payload of resin & p.e. bombs than to build the whole aircraft. drove me crazy, but i liked to represent the incredible weight of weaponry the able dog could carry: https://goo.gl/photos/MjGcXJXCRLrKeTcZ8

-gloster gladiator. ahhh well, back to bigger scale and to ww ii. i don't want to describe the story of this build which was one of the worst kits i ever had been challenged by. it's a nasty, imprecise, unfitting old roden kit repackaged by eduard. i'll just tell you that eduard sent me a complimentary kit in order to apologize after my letter of complaint. nevetheless now that's finished, i love it quite a lot: https://goo.gl/photos/FUGTAVwvcwJsDijz7

-f4u-1 corsair. tamiya... ahhh... there you can almost relax and watch in wonder their incredibly great engineering and detail...i know, i made the separation lines between the colors too sharp, but i admit that even if i tried to learn how to fade the colors together, i wasn't satisfied with my outcomes, so i decided to "stay sharp": https://goo.gl/photos/i3x5fY8bzeo9yYx96

- Il-2 Sturmovick. italeri nice kit; having always built western aircrafts, i've  had some problems with the ww ii soviet colors which were not available at the time in dedicated sets, and this "pale blue" undersides looks so "shockinkg", but all  references point ot this color, so be it.

i really love this airplane; the writing says: "na rodiny!" = for motherland". https://goo.gl/photos/gjyRfmhhq7TiaYX68

that's all -for now- folks!

more to come.

happy modeling people!

thanks for watching. bobo.

...lol! nope, bruce (is it bruce?).

i was born in milan, italy, and live on the shore of the lago maggore since i moved in some three decades ago.

never knew that thre's a town named "after" myself in texas...i feel honored! :-D

bobo is my nickname since i was a child and apparently comes from the vocalizes i emitted...

my true name is marino, like something concerning the "mare" italian for the sea. but we're a family of mountaineers so it was never understood what had my parents smoked when they decided for such an inappropriate name.

nobody but in the official papers calls me marino: even at the hospital where i worked before retirement, i was "dr. bobo."

thank you for your appreciation. there's a real bunch, rather a heap, of models i could post if you like.

and "even" is very appropriate for the gladiator. all the misfits notwihstanding, it came out a more than decent model. again, thanks.

have a nice week, bruce.

best greetings, and happy modeling!

yours, bobo.

Maybe your parents named you after San Marino; it's on top of a mountain. I went there once. It was only place that stamped my passport...and I had to pay for the privilege.

I can't speak for the other ARC members, but I would like to see more of your models.

Ciao

you definitely want me to have fun!

definitely the idea of marino in a family of mountain lovers as coming from s.marino being atop of the hill is really interesting and smart!

actually in this view, marino is very much better than, say, bernardo or gottardo or, why not, if i had been a female, rose!

so you've been to italy. when did you travel here, and how did you like this unfortunate country?

thank you very much for appreciating my "creatures". i don't have many prop models' pics as for the majority they have been built at a time when i didn't take shots of them...but if you really like it i can post some, thank you, i'm flattered, and i will do with much pleasure! 

it would be also the opportunity to take shots of the ones i never recorded "for posterity", but some are quiite old and need a good dust removal too.

just let me the time to transfer the pics on google photo and i will post another some props.

best greetings, be well, and..happy modeling!

yours, bobo.

p.s. my regards to the inhabitants of bobo, texas!

I visited Italia in 1999. I stayed with friends in Ancona. I bought a Eurorail pass for a week and visited Bolonga, Maranello, Milan and stayed overnight in Belagio. Had spicy pasta in the church square of Como.

I felt your country unfortunate only when I was in the airport -- your Carabinieri were toting automatic rifles.  We weren't doing that yet on this side of the pond.  I wasn't thrilled that my connecting flight from Roma to Ancona was delayed several hours by a baggage handler strike. Wasn't thrilled when the train system threatened to go on strike while I was traveling. Otherwise, I liked Italia. Those folks riding scooters and motorcycles were insane.

wow! so you had a rather long stay. did you visit also other european countries?

was it "penne all'arrabbiata" pasta in como?

as for assault rifles around the places, we have now, since severeal years, the very army patroling the strategic points like railway stations and airports and the very streets of big cities like milan. the government calls it "operazione strade sicure" (safe streets operation). :-/

carabinieri are a sort of military, but separate corps mingled in a capillary way as a local police throughout  the country, so their sight is no shock to anyone.

alongside, but more specialized and standing apart but in particular situations like tense political or social rallies etc. is the state police. but in these cases they have anti-riot shields and batons...and their berettas in the holsters.

the unions have lost much of their power and meaning in this postmodern, de-proletarized society, but we still have strikes now and again.

as for the mopeds an bikes, i don't know the kind of traffic you have in houston, but here in the cities, even not the biggest, it is very handy -and cheap too- to confront traffic congestion traveling on two instead of four wheels... after all it's in italy that the "vespa" and "lambretta" were born ;-)

it's a pleasure to talk with you, bruce. i am leaving my e-mail address, just in case you liked a more direct contact: alebobo@libero.it.

thank you  and ciao! bobo.