New Steel Beach item for the Tamiya Tomcat

Thanks very much Darren for releasing this. My first Tamiya F-14 will be one from VF-1 using the Furball decals but I think I will have to go to your other post where you give the serial numbers and what I have to do. I think I need this set anyway.

6 minutes ago, jhanna1701 said:

Awesome job Darren!  Hard to tell from that pic, but is that the square PTID and Lantirn control stick in the bottom middle/right?

Yes it is. Here is what you get in the set:

shrouds

nozzles

ECM antennas

BOL rails

LANTIRN pylon and pod

bomb racks

compressor blades

flame holders

PTID

LANTIRN hand controller

RIO's step brace

tail braces

TCS pod w/ clear lens

left front gear door

GPS dome

NACA vent

11 minutes ago, adamitri said:

How much is it ?

It will retail at $34.99 I tried to keep the cost down as much as possible and still make a few bucks. I know the Tamiya kit can be pricey. If purchased individually, all the parts and pieces would cost $75, so it's a savings of over 50%. Hopefully this set will be helpful to those that want a B.

17 minutes ago, ORANGF15Guy said:

Hey Darin,

Do you know when it will arrive at Sprue Bros?  I've been waiting for a D conversion and don't want to miss the first shot!

Just to clarify, this will be a B conversion. With that said, you can pick this set up along with a dual chin pod and then all you'd have to do is get an interior, or just close up the canopy with a pair of NACES seats and no one would be the wiser. As far as availability, I dropped them off on Sunday, so they should go into the system sometime this week. I think I better start making more, though. I have a feeling my first run isn't going to be enough. If they sell out, I'll get some more to Sprue Bros. within a week. That's the nice thing about living in the same city as Gordon. I can get him restock's relatively quickly. That, and I got to roam the warehouse. :-)

Edited by Darren Roberts
27 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

Just to clarify, this will be a B conversion. With that said, you can pick this set up along with a dual chin pod and then all you'd have to do is get an interior, or just close up the canopy with a pair of NACES seats and no one would be the wiser. As far as availability, I dropped them off on Sunday, so they should go into the system sometime this week. I think I better start making more, though. I have a feeling my first run isn't going to be enough. If they sell out, I'll get some more to Sprue Bros. within a week. That's the nice thing about living in the same city as Gordon. I can get him restock's relatively quickly. That, and I got to roam the warehouse. :-)

Sorry Darin, I meant to say B Model!  Looking forward to the set.....consider 1 sold!