Sukhoi T-50-5R PAK-FA (finished 01.08.2017)

Hi everyone. A lot has been happening in my life in the last 4 months - details can be found in the article ;)

Anyhow, my new project is the refurbished 5th prototype of the infamous Sukhoi T-50 PAK-FA.

Here's a link to the first part of the article: https://vvsmodelling.com/2017/04/10/sukhoi-t-50-5r-part-1/

pak-2.jpg

Edited by Sebastijan
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice modifications so far. Have you decided on the intakes at the base of the vertical stabs?

And you know me Seb, i am a nitpicker;

Unfortunately in 2013, during one of the test flights, a problem appeared, and the plane caught fire after the pilot successfully landed and exited the stricken aircraft. The fire was extinguished and the aircraft ferried back to the Komsomolsk-on-Amur plant for refurbishment.

It was actually summer of 2014. And it appears T-50-5R was never ferried back to KnAAZ and was instead cannibalized at Zhukovskiy. The airframe is sitting at the Sukhoi "parking lot" next to Su-47;

4moaqCG.jpg

And the wings are reused on the modified T-50-0 frame;

dsWbfhd.jpg

For all intents and purposes T-50-5R is a new build based on the originally stopped in production frame T-50-6 with a few pieces lifted from the burned out T-50-5. (Some internal stuff, vertical/horizontal stabs and canopy)

oh, thanks for the corrections, Berk, I wasn't aware that we are talking mostly of a totally new aircraft. I guess I got mislead by its patchy appearance which led me to believe that only certain parts were replaced.

Haven't decided yet on those small intakes... Might be more problematic to correct than it's worth... Also HB gives you closed exhausts grrrrr!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Nice hacking Seb! One thing though, judging by the head on shot, you can probably angle LEVCON even more. It has quite ridiculous freedom of movement;

vGFMGbM.jpg

7nMyf7M.png

Going to get Begemot T-50 HB stencil sheet btw?

Thanks guys!

Berkut - wow, that second shots is extreme! Problem is, that due to the design of the LEVCONs in HB kit (they made it the opposite than it is in real life), I am limited a bit with the angle - I know it's not perfect and that it should be deflected by a couple degrees more, but due to the plastic thickness, I am getting to the point where you can see the hole in the LEVCONs and the hard edge of the plastic. I guess I'll have to settle for a bit of a compromise, but I am quite happy with the result so far.

Oh and yeah, I already have the Begemot T-50 sheet for the HB kits.

Edited by Sebastijan

I was hoping I'll be able to do more frequent updates, but unfortunately 2017 won't be written in golden letters in my "modelling career". But yeah, I'm still moving ahead with this build.

Link to the fifth part of the article: https://vvsmodelling.com/2017/05/16/sukhoi-t-50-5r-part-5/

pak-34.jpg

Edited by Sebastijan
  • 3 weeks later...