Whilst my main hobby is building 1/700 RN and Japanese warships my business is producing decals for model aircraft.

I have been frustrated for quite some time trying to find RN Pendant letters and numbers for WWII warships especially in anything other than black or white and even sometimes those colours too.  Also many of the kit decals seem to use fonts rather different to those on the actual ships. 

I have tentatively decided to enter new territory for my business with this initial offering. 

My first release is

RN Ship Pendants WWII 700th scale
Each ship set contains three copies of the line shown in expanded form at the top of the picture for the listing. This line is in black for clarity. It contains a mix of the Flag Superior letters used by the RN pre and during WWII and the numbers 0-9. In some cases (namely G and 3) font choices are provided.

I am offering two sets:

OMD1139 RN pendants Black (20 sets) and White (14 sets)
OMD1140 RN Pendants 16 colours comprising 2 sets each of AP507A, AP507B, AP507C, B5 (1941), G45, B30, B30 1943, B55, B55 (1943), MS2, MS3, MS4a, G55, B40 and G5 and 4 sets of WA Blue.

I have printed only a very small number of these sheets at the present time but can arrange for more if the demand is there.

Currently available on my website www.oldmodelsdecals.com under new Ship decals page.

I am very much testing the waters to see if there is a demand and appreciate feedback / comments.

best regards

John Sutherland
Oldmodels Decals
www.oldmodelsdecals.com
oldmodelsdecals@slingshot.co.nz
Maker of Digital (DPS system) decals for NZ aircraft models
  • 3 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:49 AM, Slartibartfast said:

Nice!  When you produce 1:350 American stuff, I'll come knocking. 

Ditto! Man is it tough to find modern US Navy markings, especially deck/warning markings for Ticonderoga-Class Cruisers, Arleigh Burke-Class Destroyers etc.  Having an affordable and easy to obtain supplier would be great!

Regards,

Don

I was also contacted directly by someone who makes large scale (1/96?) kits.

My biggest issue is obtaining clear pics and measurements of the markings.  To some extent I can guess / work out the measurements as I have a number of 1/700 kits of those two types in my personal collection albeit of 20 years old variants.

But the pics or drawings are essential - they must be good enough to read any writing clearly.  

My other big issue is time.

If someone has the time to do the research they will get the first set in the scale of their choosing free!

best regards

John

Oldmodels Decals