The F-14 Tomcat, yeah, yeah, lots of love and topics on her in the past

On 4/11/2017 at 6:55 AM, nspreitler said:

The movie Top Gun certainly contributed to the thought that the F-14 was invincible and the best fighter in the inventory.   It did a 4G inverted dive with a MiG-28, so it had to be good. 

Hey! That's classified!

On 4/19/2017 at 9:15 AM, TaiidanTomcat said:

Good times.   Tony Stark is missed, forgot all about him.  Seems that most of the  legendary ARC personalities have moved on to greener pastures. 

Edited by 11bee

A classic ARC thread. The type of which seem to surface from time to time. Someone might call them heated but I'm sure everyone always got out unhurt.

I too think we've lost some good personalities. 

And a great jet. :)

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:10 AM, janman said:

I too think we've lost some good personalities. 

Perhaps it might be that there was period where it was open season on the individuals who actually had first hand experience (aka they dared to be pilots) in modern aviation.  The first thing on the agenda was to question their credentials and when that didn't work out it was to actually attack them for having "been there, done that".  The result is quite a few have said it's not worth the effort.

Regards,

Murph

On 4/22/2017 at 9:32 AM, Murph said:

Perhaps it might be that there was period where it was open season on the individuals who actually had first hand experience (aka they dared to be pilots) in modern aviation.  The first thing on the agenda was to question their credentials and when that didn't work out it was to actually attack them for having "been there, done that".  The result is quite a few have said it's not worth the effort.

Regards,

Murph

Yep. Killing messengers

Despite the loss of some personalities, I have no doubt ARC will continue to deliver outstanding entertainment value, as it always has.    

Getting back to the OT, The Drive posted it's final article on the experiences of a F-14 pilot back in the 80's.  Good insight on what it was like to fly this jet.

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/9599/a-tomcat-pilots-early-struggles-to-tame-the-mighty-f-14