Oh, you are going nostalgic! Old times...when REVELL-ESCI made the racks in the hobby shops full of so many quarterscale kits.

When the decals are not good anymore, I have just seen last weekend that a few airdoc F-86F Sabre decal sheets are still available. Not much, but less than 10 for sure.

I look forward to see a plastic dinosaur become a model kit! :-)

Decals aren't all that much but the shipping could be.  I know HaHen is pricey and expensive to ship to the states.  AirDoc shows 19 Eur and Peddinghaus I can find for $25 US.  I have some backup decals from Eagle Strike JG-72 or 73 to use if things really go bad.

Edited by Spectre711

Hm shipping internationally should not be more than 3,70€. It is for a letter up to 500 gr.

I will come to airdoc shop in Erlangen soon. If you want I can catch it and send it to you. As a "Phantom Phan Club" Member I can get a bit discount.

Just my offer...

Or someone has decals left over from the Revell F-86F-40 kit no. 04562 (reboxed Hasegawa) and is willing to share!?

Wasn't thinking of the Hasegawa kit at all but I'm wondering how the white looks.  I have a few 2012 boxings of the Revell kit and it only has 1 US choice on the decals.  The ESCI kit has a few choices so I'm going to test a few that I'm not going to use.

We will see how that goes first.  When do you plan on visiting the shop?

• 3 months later...

Thanks, I just randomly went with gunship gray and black on the gray plastic.  Used Testors MM Non-buffing aluminum.  The panels with the gun barrel openings might get some darker metallic sprayed on it but I like most of it for now.  I'm going to try Alcad next since this jar is almost empty.

Edited by Spectre711
  • 2 weeks later...

Awesome! Do not give up so soon...you got it almost! Well...maybe you blow up a tube for a scooter tire or a qualatex donut ballon to sit on...so your tail bone will have no pressure. hm hmm...just my 0,02€ to keep you on the workbench. (At least I try to motivate the GB members even I have to give up due to so many busy summer jobs :-(

• 4 months later...