What would you do with the New Kitty Hawk 1/48 Huey?

Way to go Charlie! I flew in that bird a long time ago. Shes a great ship, its still flying.

Well, i have a list of the Hueys i want to build, i wanted them in 1/35 but as the model will be in 1/48 i will do the following:

-4/228th batallion UH-1H with the ALQ-144 jammer and all the ASE.

-UH-1V medevac bird from desert storm with the mickey mouse logo on the doors and ASE gear.

-UH-1H/V bird from the Georgia Army National Guard (dont know which yet)

-A white Flat Iron UH-1V 

- El Salvador Air Force Hueys with different time frames and paint schemes (5 total)

-Vietnam era U.S. Army Huey (dont know which yet)

Rod.

Edited by salvador001
16 minutes ago, salvador001 said:

Way to go Charlie! I flew in that bird a long time ago. Shes a great ship, its still flying.

Well, i have a list of the Hueys i want to build, i wanted them in 1/35 but as the model will be in 1/48 i will do the following:

-UH-1V medevac bird from desert storm with the mickey mouse logo on the doors and ASE gear.

-A white Flat Iron UH-1V 

- El Salvador Air Force Hueys with different time frames and paint schemes (5 total)

Rod.

This is nice!

do you have a photo of the Desert storm medevac with the micket mouse logo?

17 minutes ago, salvador001 said:

-A white Flat Iron UH-1V 

Rod.

Yes, now will be more easy to do the numbers!

because those salvadorian numbers on the tailboon! are my worst nightmare! you know what I mean!

11 minutes ago, salvador001 said:

The round salvadorean numbers are very difficult to make, the only way to do them is by stencil or maybe someone can design them on photoshop.

Rod.

yup, but those on the picture I post looks like they are more easy to do

7 minutes ago, skyhawk174 said:

Nice shot. Is that a new scheme? I thought the camo scheme for the Austrailian army had some black in the scheme? Just asking here.

If I'm not wrong the 3 tone with black scheme is only found on the OH, UH-60s and NH The Hueys never had black added. I could be wrong though

40 minutes ago, skyhawk174 said:

Nice shot. Is that a new scheme? I thought the camo scheme for the Australian Army had some black in the scheme? Just asking here.

Aussie Hueys only ever had the two-tone paint scheme adopted post-Vietnam. Our Black Hawks, Kiowas, Tigers and MRH-90's all have the 3-tone incorporating the black.

20050317raaf8193387_00621%20-%20Copy_zps

DSC_0357_zpsafpikn6r.jpgoriginal_zpsvbi7

ARMY%20Heli_test_0023%20-%20Copy_zpsbnx5

AIR_Tiger_ARH_Over_Canberra_lg_zpsdcgyc7

A40-024_2015-07-18_ROK%201_zpsjcbkrpfy.j

You mates have some sweet looking helicopters! Especially that UH-60. Those H-60's are based out of Townsville, aren't they?

I had a woman friend who went to our church and she served 2 years with YWAM missions based out of Townsville.

They would take their ship over to Papua New Guinea and work with the native people over there.

Tim

36 minutes ago, hawkwrench said:

You mates have some sweet looking helicopters! Especially that UH-60. Those H-60's are based out of Townsville, aren't they?

I had a woman friend who went to our church and she served 2 years with YWAM missions based out of Townsville.

They would take their ship over to Papua New Guinea and work with the native people over there.

Tim

5th Avn Regiment in Townsville had Black Hawks yes Tim but they have all since transferred to 6th Avn Regiment in Sydney.

The Aussie designation is S-70-A

I would love to do some 70's RAAF schemes.  Don't see too many of those.

5 Squadron RAAF Fairbairn

89981_1438814829_RAAF_Bell_Huey_A2_510_C

28650_1442138098_UH_1D_A2A_A2_510_07Sep1

9 Squadron RAAF Bushranger  - Amberley

RF_3A2_110_zpsak5dfgzr.jpg

RAAF SAR detachment Butterworth Malaysia

05WN2BUTHueyTobruk17Apr19820004A2_506XRx

Or a KIWI RNZAF late scheme.

army_chopper_zpsijm9ms63.jpg

maxresdefault_zpsdal125hd.jpg

Edited by AndrewPerren

Hi to all

had this small dio in mind since a long time...there is an other one, but as it involves a truck, will wait for the 35 kit for the second idea

in flight skid exchange in korea

cheers

Norbert

360172398kTUdTV_ph.jpg

Edited by norbert
  • CharlieUH-1H changed the title to What would you do with the New Kitty Hawk 1/48 Huey?