What would you do with the New Kitty Hawk 1/48 Huey?

2 hours ago, rotorwash said:

Well since it will be a Vietnam boxing, I'm going to plan to build Vietnam Hueys.  One will certainly be from my dad's unit, 190th AHC.  Photo from Pat Mullen.

Ray

Image may contain: ocean and outdoor

cool Ray!

12 minutes ago, CharlieUH-1H said:

Hello Floyd any update on the Tribute Hueys builds you post month ago?

Yes, all of he models have been delivered.  Aaron Drake made up these nice presentation plaques for us.  I, of course, built the model.  Chris, Peaches mom, threw a nice presentation party at her place.  Family and friends were there.  Stories, tears, cruise books and much celebrating a life cut too short.  Everyone was so welcoming and appreciative of the effort on behalf of Kitty Hawk and my meager skills. 

One of Peaches' cruise mates was there.  She hand delivered the model for the unit to California so there was no breakage.  Mason Doupnik put together the model and actually got to present it to them.  I believe theirs now sits in the orderly room.

Here are photos of the presentation.

Floyd

12016656_982917235086493_543078795_n_zps

IMG_4488_zps79atcc42.jpg

IMG_4503_zpsngpjjs0g.jpg

IMG_4495_zpsgoq8wu6b.jpg

Edited by Floyd S. Werner, Jr.
33 minutes ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Yes, all of he models have been delivered.  Aaron Drake made up these nice presentation plaques for us.  I, of course, built the model.  Chris, Peaches mom, threw a nice presentation party at her place.  Family and friends were there.  Stories, tears, cruise books and much celebrating a life cut too short.  Everyone was so welcoming and appreciative of the effort on behalf of Kitty Hawk and my meager skills. 

One of Peaches' cruise mates was there.  She hand delivered the model for the unit to California so there was no breakage.  Mason Doupnik put together the model and actually got to present it to them.  I believe theirs now sits in the orderly room.

Here are photos of the presentation.

Floyd

12016656_982917235086493_543078795_n_zps

IMG_4488_zps79atcc42.jpg

IMG_4503_zpsngpjjs0g.jpg

IMG_4495_zpsgoq8wu6b.jpg

This is amazing! 

What about the two medevac HUEYs you posted ? Title "Lets jump on the Huey wagon" 

That Yankee is too awesome for words, Floyd.  As a former squadron mate of Peaches, I thank you. Not only for building the dedication aircraft, but for ensuring that the markings for her aircraft were made possible.

Semper Fidelis is much more than just a saying, thank you for living up to it.

Semper Fi,

Ski

2 hours ago, CharlieUH-1H said:

This is amazing! 

What about the two medevac HUEYs you posted ? Title "Lets jump on the Huey wagon" 

Well that has been put aside as I was ready to throw them against the wall.  Between the CMK resin and the Italeri kits I was 'frustrated'.  I put them aside until I get caught up with these Eduard and Zvezda 109 reviews.

Floyd

On 4/12/2017 at 1:46 PM, CharlieUH-1H said:

I would like to know what would you do with the Kitty Hawk 1/48 Huey?

Let it sit on the shelf unbuilt like the other 100+ kits. 

What, too soon for honesty?  Nothing against the kit, scale or KH - just a reflection of what would probably happen but that implies I would have purchased the kit.

Probably do whatever the kit decals are unless Floyd releases a sheet that interests me (no I have no ideas on what would) or happen to have a 1/48 Fireball sheet (pour one out for our homie). Norbert's post is colorful.

22 minutes ago, Tank said:

What, too soon for honesty?  Nothing against the kit, scale or KH - just a reflection of what would probably happen but that implies I would have purchased the kit.

Probably do whatever the kit decals are unless Floyd releases a sheet that interests me (no I have no ideas on what would) or happen to have a 1/48 Fireball sheet (pour one out for our homie). Norbert's post is colorful.

:cheers:

5 hours ago, Tank said:

I actually only have five kits that are on that shelf.  I may finish it just because I added all the Fireball Modelworks stuff already and was just frustrated with the fit of the CMK roofs. 

I will be releasing a sheet.  I believe we have 21 aircraft between me and KH.  I think that is what I came up with.  As soon as we get a little further along we'll create a cheat sheet to show you what is coming.  There are two on this post that will be on there.  I think you'll enjoy the colorful ones we found.  They are like B-17s though, you get great nose art but you can't make out the rest of the aircraft. 

Floyd

8 hours ago, usmcski6502 said:

That Yankee is too awesome for words, Floyd.  As a former squadron mate of Peaches, I thank you. Not only for building the dedication aircraft, but for ensuring that the markings for her aircraft were made possible.

Semper Fidelis is much more than just a saying, thank you for living up to it.

Semper Fi,

Ski

Thanks Ski.  I'd love to get a picture of it in the orderly room.  It was up to the unit if we could include it.  I had selected it before the crash as it is quite colorful but we were gonna pull it if they felt it in poor taste or opportunistic.  We presented it a memorial as it was intended and that was the results. 

Floyd

5 hours ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Thanks Ski.  I'd love to get a picture of it in the orderly room.  It was up to the unit if we could include it.  I had selected it before the crash as it is quite colorful but we were gonna pull it if they felt it in poor taste or opportunistic.  We presented it a memorial as it was intended and that was the results. 

Floyd

Well I think it was (is) a fitting tribute.  I know the current CO and still have several friends in the Vipers.  I'll see if I can have someone snap a few pictures for you.

Semper Fi,

Ski

Floyd,

Beautiful tribute!!

Here are some quick photos of mine, same markings....almost complete, a few things to finish up.. really enjoyed this kit..

Only a few quick iphone photos, for now!!

f5ce3d434e7af31214d291a69062dbf4_zpsipsl

92c9d8896f54a4fe6b237c603a694ba0_zpszig1

47f9b8df972f08bdcc207932073c36c9_zpsbxvz

ea3f794ade0d79494d66ebdcffcff26e_zps8xeu

142df619a9abfbdc91b0f6be46599c6a_zpsdgpw

54 minutes ago, silva963 said:

Floyd,

Beautiful tribute!!

Here are some quick photos of mine, same markings....almost complete, a few things to finish up.. really enjoyed this kit..

f5ce3d434e7af31214d291a69062dbf4_zpsipsl

92c9d8896f54a4fe6b237c603a694ba0_zpszig1

47f9b8df972f08bdcc207932073c36c9_zpsbxvz

ea3f794ade0d79494d66ebdcffcff26e_zps8xeu

142df619a9abfbdc91b0f6be46599c6a_zpsdgpw

IMPRESSIVE!

6 hours ago, silva963 said:

Floyd,

Beautiful tribute!!

That looks awesome!  Great job!

12 hours ago, markm1245 said:

Beautiful work... Can we get a set of those blade holder cast ,please?

Honestly I don't melieve I could cast them. Some of the styrene used up top is super thin, not sure I have the capability. PM me we can chat more!

Thanks for your comments!

On 4/12/2017 at 3:40 PM, salvador001 said:

Way to go Charlie! I flew in that bird a long time ago. Shes a great ship, its still flying.

Well, i have a list of the Hueys i want to build, i wanted them in 1/35 but as the model will be in 1/48 i will do the following:

-4/228th batallion UH-1H with the ALQ-144 jammer and all the ASE.

-UH-1V medevac bird from desert storm with the mickey mouse logo on the doors and ASE gear.

-UH-1H/V bird from the Georgia Army National Guard (dont know which yet)

-A white Flat Iron UH-1V 

- El Salvador Air Force Hueys with different time frames and paint schemes (5 total)

-Vietnam era U.S. Army Huey (dont know which yet)

Rod.

Brother, please remember when you have time and can... to send me the photos you have about the Salvadorean birds with this squema roundels only on the TB and numbers on the tail and nose :beer4:

• CharlieUH-1H changed the title to What would you do with the New Kitty Hawk 1/48 Huey?