What would you do with the New Kitty Hawk 1/48 Huey?

3 minutes ago, salvador001 said:

I send you some to your gmail.

Ill send you some more.

Rod.

thanks brother.

I Was browsing on youtube and saw a video that the Salvadorean pilots landing the hueys like planes! :) that is intense!

and lots of sparks on the skids! at night!

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:02 AM, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Bet you'll see that one again from somewhere.  Just sayin

Floyd

We had a term for a chopper like this one. Called it a "Sunday goto meeting bird".  Just look at it! No doors to get in your way. Seat's folded up out of the way, and who knows what else. All business!

gary 

Now I'm going 1/35th for sure, but might do a 1/48th. I used to have this one bunch put us on mountain tops all over the place, and were always there to get my sorry butt outta there. Took several of us to the hospital a few times as well. They had a cobra head painted on the nose (yellow or white?). Were always there for me.

That's the one for me!!

gary

My top options for the KH huey are this

Spain Army Love that old dirty paint job!

33777_1435686638.jpg

United Nations (chile air force)

86559_1393795851.jpg

Ejercito de Colombia!

43599_1302662311.jpg

and yes a medevac UH-1V

39310_1268066383.jpg

Dominican Republic Air Force

16497756499_8f6be1b68f_b.jpg

and the FAS "ESPARTANO"

ESPARTANO.jpg

Edited by CharlieUH-1H
  • CharlieUH-1H changed the title to What would you do with the New Kitty Hawk 1/48 Huey?

For me maybe acouple of Vietnam era helo's

Post Vietnam boxing with the later mods....well

Air Cav

DA-ST-86-06272

Maybe one of these...

10421518_10152439913364098_8450296030595899667_n_zps4a7i8roq.jpg-original10653295_10152661695549588_6751591082995811919_n_zpscyibwrzf.jpg-original

Or maybe USAF...

afsoc_37_zpsl2dz9tus.jpg-original130605-F-HG908-293_zpsszp8rnvu.jpg-original

God help me...if Kittyhawk decide to give us a new UH-1N down the road

10 hours ago, CharlieUH-1H said:

"Danger Pig!" Love this one! Picture is from someone in Facebook and The huey Facebook page 778881C8-5479-4E10-B9C0-1619108FD5D0_zps

Photo is from Dan McClinton.  I posted all his photos in a separate thread.

Ray

This scheme seems pretty nice. Part of Hasagawa's "new" AH-1F and UH-1H set in 1/72.

10448482b.jpg

Might be an interesting dio as it appears everything is in the kit box and I do have some F's laying around. A new product idea (skis) for someone, maybe a quick fix to an existing product (hint, hint) .

Anyone have any more photos of this? Google what not helpful at least that I saw. 

Those japanease JGSDF Hueys are very cool, their camo schemes are awesome. Please be aware that there are some models that looks identical to a Huey II, wide chord blades, right side tail rotor, etc, they are known as UH-1J. They have standard Hueys like the one in the photo but it has a right handed tail rotor.

Rod.

Edited by salvador001

A question  for  Ray /Rod / Floyd and anyone who knows about Nam hueys

Means that with the KH for example those lady can be done OOB meaning that the KH brings those guns??

my question is because I see different opinions on the 1/48 KH huey post that if it can be or no be done OOB

with the decals exception ?

5785909832_a18b78b07c_o.jpg

5785909758_32828ca267_o.jpg

Dayton7-20-082506r_MBCopy.jpg

LOVE THAT "COMANCHERO"  nose art

Rod look at that! in spanish! :)

354comanchero_1.jpg

Augusta_GA_10-20-2006_0175_low-res.jpg

Edited by CharlieUH-1H

Charlie,

Yes, it can be made, but be aware that the bird in the photos is a restored one with some innacuracies that are not found in vietnam era Hueys, for example the black main rotor hub, stab bar, black rotor blades, and the FM antenna on the roof. Those details are post vietnam mods.

The M60s are genuine but they lack of the support brackets for mounting them on the floor.

Rod.

Edited by salvador001
1 hour ago, salvador001 said:

Those japanease JGSDF Hueys are very cool, their camo schemes are awesome. Please be aware that there are some models that looks identical to a Huey II, wide chord blades, right side tail rotor, etc, they are known as UH-1J. They have standard Hueys like the one in the photo but it has a right handed tail rotor.

Rod.

Thanks for the info. That didn't help with the google search but found around nice scheme.

335th AHC - all black bird, white-blue roof stripes, white tail numbers. There was no other insignia or markings. 

black%20UH-1D%201965.jpg

Firefly - 120th AHC

UH-1HNighthawk.jpg

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

Thanks for the info. That didn't help with the google search but found around nice scheme.

- all black bird, white-blue roof stripes, white tail numbers. There was no other insignia or markings. 

black%20UH-1D%201965.jpg

Firefly - 120th AHC

UH-1HNighthawk.jpg

Tank, nice photos, I would like to see a real photo of the all black 335th AHC bird

12 minutes ago, salvador001 said:

Charlie,

Yes, it can be made, but be aware that the bird in the photos is a restored one with some innacuracies that are not found in vietnam era Hueys, for example the black main rotor hub, stab bar, black rotor blades, and the FM antenna on the roof. Those details are post vietnam mods.

The M60s are genuine but they lack of the support brackets for mounting them on the floor.

Rod.

Thanks!

that means the KH brings those guns? My idea is to do a restored one like the Comanchero for example one day... I mean do it just like the photos above

9 minutes ago, Tank said:

335th AHC - all black bird, white-blue roof stripes, white tail numbers. There was no other insignia or markings. 

Firefly - 120th AHC

Having trouble deciding between the all black slick and the firefly? What about "Night Mare" - all black nighthawk:

66-17038_2.jpg

Just now, RGS said:

Having trouble deciding between the all black slick and the firefly? What about "Night Mare" - all black nighthawk:

66-17038_2.jpg

ive always wanted to do a all black dirty... Huey more picture??