What would you do with the New Kitty Hawk 1/48 Huey?

On 6/9/2017 at 4:15 PM, snake36bravo said:

Unit identification markings on the roof of Blue 3. They gave way to unit numbering on the pilots doors, geometric shapes, and colored bands on the tails depending on whether you were in I, II, or III Corps in Vietnam.

Wow those are cool markings. That would look great on this new kit. Thanks for posting.

On 6/8/2017 at 9:28 AM, Loach Driver said:

Does anyone have any info on this antenna on the skids of this Huey? Is this possibly a C&C Huey or just a late-war Huey with an extra radio? Given its location, I guess it can be assumed it isn't a lift ship. Thanks.

LD.

6223185004_48ba67a4a9_b.jpg

Never saw such a configuration.  However, this Picture has been flipped over.  This is looking at Right Side of this Huey, NOT the Left side.

Bo

4 hours ago, huey_crew_chief said:

Do you have huey crews wearing the green flight suits with the HGU56 helmets like the earlier 2000s US Army?

Like the one I call USAF 2000 helicopter pilot ? or with CMU-33 vest ?

5 hours ago, huey_crew_chief said:

Mostly in the 90s, but I used one until 2004. I had both and swapped back and forth.  

Uh, ...... the SPH-4 is the same as the Mickey Mouse ears ones???  Those were really comfortable as compared to the kind you'd stick pads inside a hard shell helmet.  We really liked the Mickey Mouse ears ones and thought FINALLY, the Army got some superior equipment!!

Bo

33 minutes ago, jabow said:

Uh, ...... the SPH-4 is the same as the Mickey Mouse ears ones???  Those were really comfortable as compared to the kind you'd stick pads inside a hard shell helmet.  We really liked the Mickey Mouse ears ones and thought FINALLY, the Army got some superior equipment!!

Bo

We had the SPH4Bs..not sure if they are called the Mickey Mouse ears, but I could see that. They jet out at the ear cups.