What would you do with the New Kitty Hawk 1/48 Huey?

Does anyone have any info on this antenna on the skids of this Huey? Is this possibly a C&C Huey or just a late-war Huey with an extra radio? Given its location, I guess it can be assumed it isn't a lift ship. Thanks.

LD.

6223185004_48ba67a4a9_b.jpg

Edited by Loach Driver

Steel this from Rods amazing build of this Bunny

I think I am staring to have a subject to do with the KW

I have the roundels and this super cool nose art it is easy to do

just will need the the Salvadorean Numbers.

Rod, any info about this FAS huey? any more photos?

Be_Funky_Collage.jpg

Charlie,

That is UH-1H FAS-265 (69-15666). It was delivered to El Salvador on August 1982, was written off on October 1983 due to a crash landing. It was delivered without the Aircraft Survavility kit but as you see in the photo, it came with the APR-39 mounts. The bird was painted in a mid faded CARC and had all original U.S. Army stencils. Main rotor mast, pitch tubes, swash plate , stab bar, etc was painted natural metal finish and gray, the rotor hub was black so as the main blades. Tail rotor blades were olive drab and hub was natural metal. The Salvadorean roundel in the tail boom and the 3 digit tail number in clear gray. Interior was cockpit black with black pilot seats, cabin was gray with olive drab seat fabric. The M23 armament system as you can see was painted olive drab with U.S. stencils.

I have another photo of this one, ill post it later.

Rod.

Edited by salvador001
17 minutes ago, salvador001 said:

Charlie,

That is UH-1H FAS-265 (69-15666). It was delivered to El Salvador on August 1982, was written off on October 1983 due to a crash landing. It was delivered without the Aircraft Survavility kit but as you see in the photo, it came with the APR-39 mounts. The bird was painted in a mid faded CARC and had all original U.S. Army stencils. Main rotor mast, pitch tubes, swash plate , stab bar, etc was painted natural metal finish and gray, the rotor hub was black so as the main blades. Tail rotor blades were olive drab and hub was natural metal. The Salvadorean roundel in the tail boom and the 3 digit tail number in clear gray. Interior was cockpit black with black pilot seats, cabin was gray with olive drab seat fabric. The M23 armament system as you can see was painted olive drab with U.S. stencils.

I have another photo of this one, ill post it later.

Rod.

Great information!

Thanks!

Tonight Ill have some questions to you about this.  Hope in two weeks I can finally get the new KH Huey

5 hours ago, huey_crew_chief said:

422 is one of mine!  The last to be retired from the GA-NG

I have no stake in the GA-NG, but, my badge number is 422 and it would be cool to get that on a decal sheet. 

Just a coincidence I suppose.

1 hour ago, CharlieUH-1H said:

This one It will be cool! to do I like the color stripes on the roof

uh-1d-huey-tinker-toy-118-ahc-lc-32b.jpg

Unit identification markings on the roof of Blue 3. They gave way to unit numbering on the pilots doors, geometric shapes, and colored bands on the tails depending on whether you were in I, II, or III Corps in Vietnam.

35163980166_3e15305564_b.jpg

34 minutes ago, snake36bravo said:

Unit identification markings on the roof of Blue 3. They gave way to unit numbering on the pilots doors, geometric shapes, and colored bands on the tails depending on whether you were in I, II, or III Corps in Vietnam.

35163980166_3e15305564_b.jpg

Thanks for the Info commander.

43 minutes ago, snake36bravo said:

Hm, how do 118th Aviation Company (white & red) and Company A, 501st Aviation Battalion (white & yellow) differ from 118th Aviation Company (dayglo and green) and Company A, 501st Aviation Battalion (dayglo and blue)?

• 2 weeks later...

-U.S. Army 4/228th UH-1H with the ALQ-144 installed (El Salvador 1991)

-El Salvador Air Force UH-1H with the ALQ-144 installed (ca.1991)

-Flat Iron UH-1V (the white one)

-Georgia ARNG UH-1H/V

-Vietnam U.S. Army UH-1H from the Fireball decal sheet

-Some standard post vietnam medevacs

and many more..........

Rod.

Edited by salvador001
3 minutes ago, salvador001 said:

-U.S. Army 4/228th UH-1H with the ALQ-144 installed (El Salvador 1991)

-El Salvador Air Force UH-1H with the ALQ-144 installed (ca.1991)

-Flat Iron UH-1V (the white one)

-Georgia ARNG UH-1H/V

and many more..........

Rod.

Man tell me you got the kit! :)

On 6/8/2017 at 7:28 AM, Loach Driver said:

Does anyone have any info on this antenna on the skids of this Huey? Is this possibly a C&C Huey or just a late-war Huey with an extra radio? Given its location, I guess it can be assumed it isn't a lift ship. Thanks.

LD.

6223185004_48ba67a4a9_b.jpg

OBTW, the image is reversed.