A few questions re liquid sprue:

1) how long can it be stored once made? (I've made it in a Tamiya Extra Thin bottle) 

2) can you use it on different kits? E.g. I've made it using Revell sprue, so can I use it on a Tamiya/Hasegawa/Hobby Boss etc kit or do you need to use the kits plastic for it to be effective? 

3) if it does matter, does anyone have experience with a good plastic to use for it? 

Thanks. 

Edited by Crazy Snap Captain

Hi CSC.
Quick answers:
1. As long as the solvent (or glue) doesn't evaporate. You can always dissolve it again, if it hardens.
2. Generally yes, it is kit's-styrene-independent.
3. N.a.
More in detail:
I generally use dissolved sprue as a glue. I mix 50% acetone and 50% laquer thinner and add some styrene flakes. I use the kit's styrene just to have the same color that helps me with sanding and finishing. I don't use Tamiya glue in the mix.
In case of use as putty (seldom) I add more styrene to get a more dense paste.
If I need to use again as glue, I add more acetone and/or thinner.
The key is to prepare the mix in a little glass jar, so if you want to clean it up, just let the mix complete cure and "demold".
Hope this helps.

Regards

Euge

I have an answer for #3

Bandai....The absolute  BEST plastic I've used for this is from a Bandai Millenium Falcon I've built.  I've tried many (including Evergreen stock) but Bandai's plastic is just better than the rest in my experience..