Quality Assuarance/Quality Improvement

A number of years ago someone posted about a form they used as a supervisor where they could write down something good or not so good an employee did and hand it to them as a form of immediate feedback on the job they were doing. I want to say it was someone in the Air Force that was using it.  I've been assigned Training Coordinator/QA/QI supervisor for my 911 center and would like to find it again with the intention of possibly applying it to our program. 

13 hours ago, jbryan911 said:

A number of years ago someone posted about a form they used as a supervisor where they could write down something good or not so good an employee did and hand it to them as a form of immediate feedback on the job they were doing. I want to say it was someone in the Air Force that was using it.  I've been assigned Training Coordinator/QA/QI supervisor for my 911 center and would like to find it again with the intention of possibly applying it to our program. 

one simple comment, and believe me it works. Go to the local library, and order in everything you can find from Edwards Deming. His books will deal with everything from manufacturing to basic management, and trust me this is the mark everyone with an ounce of common sense goes by. I attended one of his last seminars, and was simply stunned at the knowledge this man had. Everything from quality control to a work place attitude.

After attending the seminar (lasted a week), I completely changed the way I handled my work place. I went from a tax deduction to making 350% profit in 12 months. Plus I never spent one dime extra in getting the job done. Walking around the place I worked, I pointed out error after error to my boss and his boss, and one said they had created a monster! I might add here that we went from a 20+% warranty issue to 1.8%. Even with a 20% warranty cost overhead, we were doing a steady 15% net profit. In two years we were able to reduce product prices 15%, and still cleared 18% net profits.

gary