!/48 Sniper XR ATP for F-16

Looking for ideas on what the best aftermarket 1/48 Sniper XR pod for the F-16 might be. Wolfpack appears to be sold out. I believe that just leaves Attack Squadron and Eduard Brassin.Thoughts?

The key differences are:

1. Eduard depicts the ATP version while Attack Squadron the XR one. Dimension wise, they both seem of the same length

2. The Attack Squadron one contains apart from the resin parts, a clear film as well as decals while the Eduard includes not only clear parts in hard plastic and decals but also 5 PE parts

3. The Eduard one is a bit more expensive

Ilias

ATP refers to Advanced Targeting Pod and XR to EXtended Range. Not sure if these represent different products, I would say most probably this is a marketing / naming convention thing.

Kit wise, the forward inner section is slightly different between the two kits.

Ilias

8 hours ago, Lancer512 said:

What is the difference between ATP and XR versions?

Sniper is an ATP, so therefore is it not incorrect to say "ATP version"? I think saying Sniper XR is just another way of saying Sniper XR ATP. The use of ATP at the end being rather superfluous. For modelling purposes it would be useful to know which aircraft were capable of using the XR and those that weren't. This is all assuming that there was a standard/original version Sniper ATP and then an upgraded XR version. 

Edited by Tom
8 hours ago, Tom said:

...The use of ATP at the end being rather superfluous. .....

I always think the same when I see a can or bottle of "Coors Light"...   :cheers: