Canada 150 Group Build- July1 2017- Jan 1 2018  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Would you paticipate in a Canada 150 Group build?

• Yes
    • No

Just curious, I was given these decals, Minicraft 1/144 C-130. I don't know much

about Canadian Hercules but this may be another option on the table for me. I

just finished a Minicraft 1/144 C-130E ANG Hercules and knowing the kit's flaws

I believe I can do it again much better using these decals. I am guessing the plane

was an H model? CC-130H 335? What is the latest color, I know it's a dark gray

but does it have an FS number or what would be the closest color too the FS

standards if it is a Canadian color. Thanks for any information.---John

34287522765_1dca071e2b_o.jpgOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA by jvandeu53, on Flickr

Or maybe the thousands of bottles of original canadian maple sirup that will come to germany every year...by Boing 747!!?? Hey, the freight boing is connected to CDN!!

Hmmm...or I dedicate a Phantom build to a certain canadian "Shawn Weiler" - hey presto! Canadian connection is there! 

Ahhhh...or let's connect Germany with the fantastic Canada: in Goose bay the Luftwaffe had its low level training area. So a Luftwaffe aircraft from Goose Bay would count! OK, this is now joke free, ya?

Whatever, Canada is in my opinion a great country and somehow I regret not to be born as a Canadian. 

When I have time I gladly would honour that country over the pond and its peeps by building something with a maple leaf: e.g. a CF-104D in 1/48 from hasegawa. While I am building a Hase Zipper now for the Luftwaffe GB (ding!ding!!...some advertisement, please!), I m already a bit in love with that jet and this Hasegawa kit.

8 hours ago, tobiK said:

Hmm...was there any Canadian pilot flying a Phantom?? Maybe with RN or RAF as exchange pilot? ...have so many F-4s...

Yes, I am very good friends with a Canadian pilot that flew Phantom's. We served together in Cold Lake and I still see him at least once a year. He flew exchange with the USAF.

He also bounced (two bounces) a CF-104 off of a frozen Cold Lake and had to eject (even though the jet kept flying for a few hours, he couldn't get the gear down).

Edited by Scooby
5 hours ago, john53 said:

Just curious, I was given these decals, Minicraft 1/144 C-130. I don't know much

I believe I can do it again much better using these decals. I am guessing the plane

FS 36099. Seems like there are a few manufacturers who make this, or a colour very similar.

Sean

6 hours ago, john53 said:

Yes, it was a H-84, one of my favourites when I was in the Squadron.

Thanks, I just was looking at some pics on line of 335 and either my eyes are

playing tricks or I am seeing an astro dome on the port side of the fuselage

above the pilot's cockpit window? Looks like the dome that use to be on the

old Gooney Birds.---John

12 hours ago, john53 said:

Thanks, I just was looking at some pics on line of 335 and either my eyes are

playing tricks or I am seeing an astro dome on the port side of the fuselage

above the pilot's cockpit window? Looks like the dome that use to be on the

old Gooney Birds.---John

The dome wasn't always in place, it was actually only added recently and is not always installed. You are talking about the dome installed at the emergency exit hatch correct?

Our Navigators still train to navigate by the stars. They still fly with a sextant. Although the main use of that dome was for air to air refueling and SAR operations.

To the person I somehow offended with my simple joke about Donald Trump.

Sorry. Please forgive me. I lean over my sword and take one for the team for upsetting your sensitivities.

I won't mention your name as your completely entitled to your thoughts and I am NOT saying your wrong.

If you were in Canada the last couple days, you would see everything on the news right now is how Canada is "disgusting"  somehow robbing the US. It was a light hearted joke.

I am getting bothered by how quickly people are claiming outrage over ANYTHING! I will spend the rest of the day pulling weeds out of my garden trying not to make jokes that I thought some people might appreciate.

(nice joke Scoob!!!! and guess what. I wore my big boy pants today and was not offended.) No doubt THAT statement will get more more hate mail.

Right, still need 2 votes.

50 minutes ago, phantom said:

To the person I somehow offended with my simple joke about Donald Trump.

Sorry. Please forgive me. I lean over my sword and take one for the team for upsetting your sensitivities.

I won't mention your name as your completely entitled to your thoughts and I am NOT saying your wrong.

If you were in Canada the last couple days, you would see everything on the news right now is how Canada is "disgusting"  somehow robbing the US. It was a light hearted joke.

I am getting bothered by how quickly people are claiming outrage over ANYTHING! I will spend the rest of the day pulling weeds out of my garden trying not to make jokes that I thought some people might appreciate.

(nice joke Scoob!!!! and guess what. I wore my big boy pants today and was not offended.) No doubt THAT statement will get more more hate mail.

Right, still need 2 votes.

No worries Sean, anytime I mention Trudeau here someone gets offended. I mentioned in this thread Trudeau buying us Sopwith Camels and someone complained.

As for Trump, I can't wait until he is out of the news. He is now picking a fight with one of his closest allies, he won't have any friends left soon outside of the United States.

HURRAY!!!!! 27 yes votes

( and for some crazy reason 2 no votes?!?!....who out there hates Canada so much to vote no..bah..nor maple syrup or beaver tails for you. you can have a poutine tho, we have to keep up stereotypes)

soooo...now what. Never set up a group build before...

anyone...

Sean

Oh, don't go there with the 2 no votes. I made a light joke and some.......person lost his mind.  But YEHHHH!!! Submit your official proposal. I guarantee I will vote for it.

On 2017-05-05 at 4:42 PM, martin_sam_2000 said:

HURRAY!!!!! 27 yes votes

( and for some crazy reason 2 no votes?!?!....who out there hates Canada so much to vote no..bah..nor maple syrup or beaver tails for you. you can have a poutine tho, we have to keep up stereotypes)

soooo...now what. Never set up a group build before...

anyone...

Sean

2 no votes, there are trolls everywhere.

Well, could be. Could also be "No I do not plan on building anything Canadian."

Which of course is just ........well.......not right.

However the request has been received at Mod central, submitted by one unnamed mod to the other two. And received one of the three yea votes thus far.

Yeah, I gave it a YES!!!

Let me give you all some incentive:  CDN designed and built and flown by an old Canadian.  My first lesson was 02 July 1952 and soloed 6 days later.My last 2 student s on the same type in 2003.

If I could see what I was doing and hold onto the wee bits, I'd scratch-build another truly Canadian aircraft .  Go to it guys.

The Canuck is scratch-built in 1:32 scale right down to the Sensenich carved prop

Barney

FleetCanuck017.jpg

Edited by Barneydhc82

More Canadian planes:  Built for Imperial Esso (on floats), this beauty has been finished by a friend at Langley, BC and is currently airworthy.  The kit is by Roden in 1:48 scale and carries my grandfather's initials in the registration.

Barney

DSCN4239.jpg

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Just missing one vote from gb mod. 

I thought an earlier reply said it was a go. Some sort of error in the vote,

I'm surprised we have had to ask though.

Edited by Scooby
7 minutes ago, Scooby said:

I thought an earlier reply said it was a go. Some sort of error in the vote,

I'm surprised we have had to ask though.

Hi scooby

There are 2 vote levels . The fist is for the gb presenter to show us there is interest. Then it gets posted to the gb mods section and 3 of us deliberate on dates, interest, gb hosts 

2 of the gb mods gave their go we need the last vote. When this happends we will update the calendar with the official start dates