Canada 150 Group Build- July1 2017- Jan 1 2018  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Would you paticipate in a Canada 150 Group build?

• Yes
    • No

14 hours ago, phantom said:

I am the other one who said yes.

Wonder........How about something starting......HMCS?

in all honesty..aircraft, ship or tank...I would accept.

not going to accept cars or trucks too much of a gray area there

Sean

On 5/23/2017 at 9:32 AM, gb_madcat_sl said:

In case anyone is interested. 

Mark

Kind of sad that one will have to get decals all the way from Malaysia, in order to do this jet.  Sounds like the sheet will be very limited edition (as in only 50 copies in 72nd scale).

22 hours ago, Colin K said:

Kind of sad that one will have to get decals all the way from Malaysia, in order to do this jet.  Sounds like the sheet will be very limited edition (as in only 50 copies in 72nd scale).

There is still Caracal, there is a vibrant industry in Canada with no fully dedicated decal maker anymore. Although Caracal has been doing us well.

41 minutes ago, Scooby said:

There is still Caracal, there is a vibrant industry in Canada with no fully dedicated decal maker anymore. Although Caracal has been doing us well.

What about CanMilAir and Canuck Decals?

58 minutes ago, Scooby said:

True, but Caracal's CT-155 Hawk sheet didn't sell as well in Canada as hoped and after talking to Kursad about the 2016 demo, it's not on the radar at the moment.

17 minutes ago, Trojan Thunder said:

Canmilair is alright, but the prices are a bit on the steep side, plus, they have no plans to do this years demo jet.  Canuck hasn't released anything in over a year.  Their planned CT-155 Hawk special sheet is nowhere in sight after they announced a release in December of 2016, so I'm not holding my breath there either.

I am expecting a baby in two months and it's hard to promise anything... but if there's gonna be enough spare time for modelling, I might finally tackle the CF-101B that's been waiting for me for quite a long time... I fancy doing the initial baremetal version.

I will need to sit this one out, but it looks like you have a lot of great potential subjects.  I would have enjoyed doing a Candian Sabre.

It is a shame your sources for decals have dried up. At one point I wanted to build a CC-137 like phantom did with Canadian markings, but the Leading Edge decals were long since discontinued.   There are lots of really great Candian paint schemes.

Have fun, I wish you all the best.

Edited by Kurt H.
On 2017-05-28 at 9:27 PM, Colin K said:

You probably know already about the Kinetic CF-18 with these decals.

19 hours ago, Trojan Thunder said:

I don't like CanMilAir, I find them difficult to work with.

Canuck has dropped off the radar, too bad as he was putting out nice stuff.

50 minutes ago, Scooby said:

You probably know already about the Kinetic CF-18 with these decals.

Nope, but if they are releasing a kit with those decals, I welcome it!

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:10 AM, phantom said:

There WAS a Canadian medic who BUILT a bunch of Phantoms..........

I wish Steve would add a "Like" button to the forums :)

Brad

PS: I love the idea. So many possibilities. It would give me an excuse to haul out my GWH T-33 and do it up as a CF bird.

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:48 AM, martin_sam_2000 said:

in all honesty..aircraft, ship or tank...I would accept.

not going to accept cars or trucks too much of a gray area there

Sean

What about something that only came with a 351 Windsor??? just kidding.

I've got some decals for the blue shark mouth CT-133, even I should be able to get that done in time!

Edited by Grey Ghost 531

Anybody know where to get a copy of winter valley(now canuk) 1/32 cf-104 for the nmf with white wing and red tail. I think its called circa right?

On 2017-06-02 at 6:42 AM, phantom said:

That blue shark is awesome. Flies around my house most weekends!!!! CT-133s sure are LOUD!

DSC_0216-1.jpg

They were the quietest jet on the flight line during a Maple Flag, Harriers killed my hearing, even with ear protection. F-16s were a distant second from the Harriers.

23 hours ago, Neo said:

Anybody know where to get a copy of winter valley(now canuk) 1/32 cf-104 for the nmf with white wing and red tail. I think its called circa right?

Have you tried here?http://www.canuckmodels.com/  

Site says he was selling at Torcan today so still selling even if no new stuff.....