Canada 150 Group Build- July1 2017- Jan 1 2018  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Would you paticipate in a Canada 150 Group build?

• Yes
    • No

48 minutes ago, RCAFFAN said:

Have you tried here?http://www.canuckmodels.com/  

Site says he was selling at Torcan today so still selling even if no new stuff.....

His Facebook page also says he is selling still too.

I think he is producing, but only for manufacturers now. At least that is what he indicated to me last year when I met him.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/24/2017 at 4:07 PM, Neo said:

Calendar Updated! 

Neo,

This is the first GB I have modded and we are getting close to the start date.  How does it work as a mod...when does the GB thread get started?.. What powers (leaning towards the eviler powers of the super type if I can) do I get and how do I wield them? ( a giants word with blue flames is my preffered method)

Sorry for the silly questions...I am excited to get this started. I already have all my tools and kits ready to go!

Sean

Quick question, is this an aircraft only GB or could a person enter it building something like a Bluenose/Bluenose II ship kit? No worries if its Canadian aircraft only. I just thought that I would ask as I have a Billing Boats Bluenose/Bluenose II wood ship kit in the stash that I thought would fit in...I mean the BN is on the dime after all LOL! Again, no worries just asking.

Kind Regards,

Don.

Neo will send you a message once the GB has been set up for you. You will then have moderator powers to hide posts, edit posts, lock threads, etc within the GB you are moderating.  

Once you get the message, you should go to your GB and set up threads like What are you going to build, the show case , and the rules

Have fun

3 hours ago, martin_sam_2000 said:

Neo,

This is the first GB I have modded and we are getting close to the start date.  How does it work as a mod...when does the GB thread get started?.. What powers (leaning towards the eviler powers of the super type if I can) do I get and how do I wield them? ( a giants word with blue flames is my preffered method)

Sorry for the silly questions...I am excited to get this started. I already have all my tools and kits ready to go!

Sean

21 hours ago, Don said:

Quick question, is this an aircraft only GB or could a person enter it building something like a Bluenose/Bluenose II ship kit? No worries if its Canadian aircraft only. I just thought that I would ask as I have a Billing Boats Bluenose/Bluenose II wood ship kit in the stash that I thought would fit in...I mean the BN is on the dime after all LOL! Again, no worries just asking.

Kind Regards,

Don.

i hope it will make it, as i'd really like to follow such build, indeed, the Bluenose/Bluenose II is a Canadian Icon... and a very sleek boat! 

21 hours ago, Don said:

Kind Regards,

Don.

hmmm..replied yesterday but my post doesn't see to be here..

By all means, Build it. If it is Canadian, it can be part of this GB, and I can't think of much that is more Canadian than the Bluenose!!

Sean

On 2017-6-26 at 2:28 PM, martin_sam_2000 said:

Neo,

Sean

Hi Sean

Sorry for the late reply. 

Thanks to Kyrt h. Who resumed it perfectly on his above answer.

Unfortunatly im in the middle of kitchen renovations right now so the gb might be a little late. 

Sorry for the inconvenience

Regards

Just went downstairs to check my first 6 builds. All happen to be commission builds so I won't be keeping those. Then, a couple Hornets for my collection I think.

46 minutes ago, Neo said:

GB has been setup !! ouf just in time

I got the basic pinned threads setup.

feel free to start building tomorrow...or mon after you have slept off the Canada day hang-over

Sean

6 hours ago, CorsairMan said:

Just finishing up a gekko build. Looking forward to this one. For hammy grey's corsair... are the cockpit colours different than a standard -1D?

Standard production machine with FAA mods like clipped wings and venting so should be same inside. Remember to use British 500 lbers, not American as some have done. Also the carrier lost a lot of centerline fuel tanks in a Japanese attack and squadron diary mentions bringing back older Sky tanks so possible it flew with a Sky centerline tank if you want to add some colour. Have fun as people aren't really even sure what plane he was actually flying but I would go with 115 like what is usually presented.

9 hours ago, RCAFFAN said:

Standard production machine with FAA mods like clipped wings and venting so should be same inside. Remember to use British 500 lbers, not American as some have done. Also the carrier lost a lot of centerline fuel tanks in a Japanese attack and squadron diary mentions bringing back older Sky tanks so possible it flew with a Sky centerline tank if you want to add some colour. Have fun as people aren't really even sure what plane he was actually flying but I would go with 115 like what is usually presented.

He wasn't flying 115, that much is known. It was a regular aircraft of his. The code is unknown though, I do know someone who may have solved that, but he is waiting to publish that info.