Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
KursadA

CD72066 - 1/72 KC-135R Part 2

Recommended Posts

My first 1/72 scale KC-135R has been very successful, and I have fewer than 20 sheets left. 

There are a few KC-135R units that I would like to cover, and it looks like I have enough KC-135R stencilling sheets to allow a limited release of 250 sheets. So I will be doing a second, limited run KC-135R sheet to cover some of these units and conclude the 1/72 scale modern KC-135R series. 

CD72066 should be available as part of the big June batch.

 

Edited by KursadA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KursadA said:

My first 1/72 scale KC-135R has been very successful, and I have fewer than 20 sheets left. 

There are a few KC-135R units that I would like to cover, and it looks like I have enough KC-135R stencilling sheets to allow a limited release of 250 sheets. So I will be doing a second, limited run KC-135R sheet to cover some of these units and conclude the 1/72 scale modern KC-135R series. 

CD72066 should be available as part of the big June batch.

 

Would these include any of the Nebraska ANG aircraft that I sent you pictures of?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:18 PM, Johnopfor said:

Would these include any of the Nebraska ANG aircraft that I sent you pictures of?

Please, please, please???!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely, folks - 155 ARW (Nebraska ANG) will be one of the options on the second sheet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance we will see the Utah birds on this sheet?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2017 at 10:37 PM, Drifterdon said:

If ya find you have room, how 'bout Alaska Air Guard? 

 

I am thinking Alaska, Mississippi, Nebraska, Pennsylvania and Utah for the second sheet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though I dislike the Kansas University Jayhawks sports teams, I've always hoped someone would do the Kansas ANG "Jayhawks" 184th refueling KC-135R's. Always my favorites along with the 190th "Kansas Coyotes" refueling wing at Forbes Field, Kansas.  Thanks.

 

David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adding to those already mentioned, I'd like to see:

 

6th AMW, MacDill AFB, FL

92nd ARW, Fairchild AFB, WA;

916th ARW, Seymour-Johnson AFB, NC;

452nd AMW, AFRC, March AFB, CA;

117th ARW, Alabama ANG;

141st ARW, Washington ANG;

107th ARW, New York ANG.

 

Edited by Dutch
Add additional unit and links

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I design a new KC-135R sheet with Utah markings for the first time, and Utah gets a new tail fin flash. Wow.

I will try and incorporate the new flash as well - maybe not on this sheet, but the next one as more details emerge.

 

https://squaredaviationblog.wordpress.com/2017/04/25/utah-air-national-guard-receive-new-fin-flash/

 

os-2017-26a.jpg?w=403&h=605

 

Edited by KursadA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, they have been flying with the same blue and white tail bands since...well forever. About time they try something new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All these 135 units are using their state university bands and colors...I like it...

 

Jeff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet another addition to the already crowded August batch of releases - this one will include the same Cartograf-printed KC-135R stencilling sheet as used in CD72030.

I still have the 1/144 scale KC-135R sheet in stock - when it sells out, the options from this sheet will be combined with others to make a new 1/144 scale KC-135R sheet.

 

Note that CD72030 is now sold out - I will not be reprinting it again in the next 2-3 years, and this one will be the only 1/72 KC-135R sheet in my product line.

 

cd72066draft.jpg

Edited by KursadA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely on my BUY list.  Looks great.   Now to decide if I do NE or AK.   Would love to see these in 1/144 along with some earlier A's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 4:28 PM, KursadA said:

Yet another addition to the already crowded August batch of releases - this one will include the same Cartograf-printed KC-135R stencilling sheet as used in CD72030.

I still have the 1/144 scale KC-135R sheet in stock - when it sells out, the options from this sheet will be combined with others to make a new 1/144 scale KC-135R sheet.

 

Note that CD72030 is now sold out - I will not be reprinting it again in the next 2-3 years, and this one will be the only 1/72 KC-135R sheet in my product line.

 

cd72066draft.jpg

Any chance that any of those nose art options that I sent you are on the sheet for the Nebraska machines?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Johnopfor said:

Any chance that any of those nose art options that I sent you are on the sheet for the Nebraska machines?

 

No, sorry. They are all very nice, but including them would have put this sheet over the time and cost that I budgeted for it. Perhaps in a future sheet..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YES...Utah ANG. There are some really nice choices on this one. Too bad I'll only ever build one 1/72 KC-135, but with the 1/144 you can for sure do some damage!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...