Dimensions for large F-5E/F-20 Drop Tank?

Happy Easter and good afternoon,

I'm taking a look at my 1/72 scale Hasegawa F-20, and the external fuel tanks included in the kit, both underwing and centerline do not look right shapewise or size. The centerline tank looks much too long and skinny, and while the underwing tanks look better, they do not have the right upturned tail section as I see on those F-20 pictures that I have found.

Can anybody provide me with accurate measurements for those large tanks? The seem to be the same tanks used by both the F-20 and the F-5E.

Barring that, those tanks included in the AFV Club and Freedom Model kits look pretty good based on what I've seen on pictures online. If anybody has one of those handy and would be willing to give me the measurements on those, I'll convert and it will be close enough in 1/72.

Cheers and thanks for looking,

Hoops

Italeri tank is more fat than Hasegawa tank,it is also a little bit longer but it has no detail,real tanks have those kind of external plates or straps around them,someone in the past also pointed that Airfix F-5E fuel tanks were ok too but since I'm so smart I sold all the Airfix kits.

Only way to get closer is to scale down this and hope for the bestnorthrop-f-5e-tiger-ii-3.png

Thanks, I had found those same plans at www.airwar.ru once it came back up after posting the question. Barring anything else, I'll interpolate and go with what is contained therein. No matter what it will be closer than the Hasegawa kit, most probably won't know the difference!

Cheers,

Hoops