Model paints in bulk?

I've been modeling for going on 30 years now, and I can't believe I've never asked this question. I'm a teacher, and I'm teaching a model building class at my school, for 7th and 8th graders. We go through a lot of supplies, and we're constantly short on white, black, and ghost gray paints. Is there a way to get model-quality paints in larger containers? I've looked into house paints, and they're too thick and don't work well on plastic. I'd really like to keep using acrylics, so auto paint is out. Is there a way to get a half-pint or a couple ounces of a few high-use colors that's as good as say, Tamiya or Testors acrylics?

Edited by RedHeadKevin

There are certain colours that get used a lot, black, white, greys, plus the more standard camouflage colours that I also think that we should be able to get in reasonable size containers. However we are essentially raped by the paint suppliers because they know  that they can get away with AUS $450 a litre for the small jars based on a 10ml jar of Gunze costing over AUS $4.50 

To think, I used to criticise my wife for paying exorbitant prices for little jars of makeup and perfume!

I'm all for being able to get some, if not all paints in more economical quantities 

Les

Edited by lesthegringo

For your purposes you might try things like Apple Barrel craft paints or the like at A C Moore and Michaels. I've used them for brush painting and they worked great. And you can't beat the price. Lots of stuff on Youtube on how to airbrush them.

Bob