Better late than never. Here's the start of my little contribution to this groupbuild.

IMG_3167_zpsek2hctgv.jpg

I chosed the little Dragon Seahawk because those little gems are really fun to build and they don't waste too much space in the showcase. Especially when they are folded. :thumbsup:

As always the build starts with the interior. Dragon provides a little and simple sonobuoy launcher in the kit but doesn't mention it in the instructions. I wanted to give it some extra detail with wires.

IMG_3158_zps0i8b8fju.jpg

And this is the result. I think, I should leave the sliding door open. :rolleyes:

IMG_3162_zpspqurnvbj.jpg

Nice. These are great kits. If you haven't already, I recommend making the hole bigger on part C32 (transmission housing I think). Doing that will allow for the rotor assembly to look more like the real thing. I think a 1/4" drill bit should do the trick. Here's an MH-60S that I dod the modofication on.

dragon_144_mh60s-01.jpg

Thank you mates!

On 18.4.2017 at 2:25 PM, Kingoalie said:

If you haven't already, I recommend making the hole bigger on part C32 (transmission housing I think). Doing that will allow for the rotor assembly to look more like the real thing. I think a 1/4" drill bit should do the trick.

Good hint! I'll definetly do that! I really regret I didn't do it on my MH-60L:

Small ("te-hee") progress today. :coolio:

First some plastic surgery. The resin saw was used to cut the tail off.

IMG_3174_zps1qnds63q.jpg

IMG_3176_zps8z4ieycx.jpg

The sonobuoy launcher was painted

IMG_3178_zpsmb7tqpse.jpg

...and first pieces of interior were glued in place. Seatbelts in 1/144 are so tiny, I had to paint them before cutting them fron the sheet.

IMG_3193_zpsbys8ynnh.jpg

And for all of you who want to build one of the little Dragon kits: Here's the one serious problem you'll have to solve. If you place the dashboard on the center cosole, it will be positioned right behind the windscreen. You'll have to mount it much lower!

IMG_3187_zpstca8gsp7.jpg

Edited by ice225

Thank you all for the nice comments.

@rotorman: That would be soooo awesome! Or even better: a CH-53E :banana:

Today I tried to finish all the interior work to get the airbrush out on the weekend. Look how low the dashboard needs to be mounted to fit behind the front screen.

IMG_3209_zpswwvnwezz.jpg

The Brengun pe-set is unbelieveably detailed. As you can see even cyclic stick and pedals are included. Smallest pe-parts I ever used! They are so tiny even the camera refuses to focus on them.

Every seat has 4 single seatsbelts. I think I'll leave the casted on seatbelts on the fronseats. They don't look too bad and they will be black on black. Impossible to see through the windscreen.

IMG_3212_zpsni9sro8w.jpg

Looking at the photos, I came across that all the seats in the cabin, the sonobuoy launcher and the sonar console are way too far in the front. They need to be placed 3-5 millimeter further to the tail. Perhaps I'll correct that but it will be risky.

Here you can see the new dashboard position.

IMG_3197_zps8gah5mzw.jpg

And here's whats left to be seen through the the open side door - not much. I added a closet right to the door like it's existing on the real bird.

IMG_3204_zpsxm9iwx2l.jpg

Edited by ice225

Update-time! I made some progress yesterday but wasn't able to post (internal server error).

First some plastic surgery. The stabilizer needed some cuts with the resin saw. I sweated blood and tears because I only had one left. The other stabilizer was used for my MH-60L.

IMG_3221_zpsycygtv5f.jpg

Then I needed to drill some holes for the brass wire that will support the folded stabilizer.

IMG_3232_zpsq57a31zd.jpg

...and that's the result.

IMG_3225_zpsugbzrfby.jpg

Of course, the edges of the stabilizer will get some extra details but the mechanical part is done.

IMG_3226_zpsfr2j2s8y.jpg

Then there was the problem with the seats. I cut them off the floor and applied some putty to close existing holes.

IMG_3235_zpsbv3nrhgd.jpg

And finally I used the Brengun pe-set to detail the tailrotor.

The camera isn't able to show all the details but there are 4 pe-parts and some 0,5mm brass tube fitted to the hub.

This Brengun-Set drives you nuts but it's also really nice detailed...

Edited by ice225

Idea! I'll do it picture by picture!

Update-time! I made some progress yesterday but wasn't able to post (internal server error).

First some plastic surgery. The stabilizer needed some cuts with the resin saw. I sweated blood and tears because I only had one left. The other stabilizer was used for my MH-60L.

IMG_3221.jpg

nice... those Brengun sets are really nice... but a lot of small parts...

As for now I stayed away from the Dragon boxes in 1/144, because of the large panellines and heavy detail... seems I will have to give them a go sometimes....

btw: you can link the pictures from there to here, just rightclick, copy image address, and paste the link here in the text...

Edited by Silenoz

Mhm - I was able to post some of the pictures in the Post above. When I tried to post the pictures of the tailrotor, I got an error message.

Because of that I post them down here.

IMG_3252_zps8sis6qhu.jpg

IMG_3255_zpsdrwsclji.jpg

Next try in posting my progress.

Weapon of choice:

IMG_3260_zpsuml7tgfa.jpg

Left before, right after:

IMG_3307_zpsthy7l664.jpg

Cutting again:

IMG_3266_zpsm2luii4f.jpg

Rotorhead improvement:

IMG_3277_zpsslvlgpor.jpg