Need Help with Iranian Imperial Air Force DH.82 Tiger Moth

I am building an Iranian Imperial Air Force DH.82 Tiger Moth(1/48 SMER) and I need help with colors. 

There is absolutely no color references. Could someone please help me out? I prefer acrylics. 

Iranian Imperial Air Force Tiger Moth

SMER 1/48 Tiger Moth

Thank you,

p.s. The SMER model is really horrible. Zero details in and out. Very poor quality plastic. Unnecessary decal engravement on plastic. I mean, who does that?! I had to spend a long time removing them. Anyways, I had to go ahead with SMER as it is the only 1/48 Tiger Moth around.:bandhead2:

Edited by MiG Hunter

Thanks, Bruce.

Have the decals already but strangely, the decal sheet is missing one pair of wing numbers. There should be two pairs of wing numbers, one for the wing top and one for the wing bottom. Anyways, I am just scratching my head.

Will go ahead and eyeball colors from the Airfix link above. I guess Aluminum all over and cockpit green should do for the IP and side walls and brown for the seats. As for prop, I am not sure, maybe black.

The decal as posted has a second small sheet with another set of numbers..If your's is missing this sheet you should complain to the manufacturer..

Lots of manufacturers engraved markings locations on their kits back in the 1950s when this kit was first molded. Probably to aid in painting the markings before decals were readily available. Lots of Aurora (among others) kits had this "feature."

• 2 weeks later...

My 1/48 Iranian Imperial Tiger Moth(SMER kit) finished last night, painted and rigged, ready for decaling when decal disaster stuck! I was already very unhappy with super low quality SMER kit. You should see it to believe it. The model has zero details. The cockpit doesn't even come with a control stick! 

KORA decal is the ONLY decal available for 1/48 Tiger Moth and I can tell you, this KORA decal sheet is a piece of sh...! 

KORA Decal Sheet 1/48 Iranian Imperial Air Force Tiger Moth

First of all, the decals are not pre-cut and the moment it touched water, the color of decal started to come/peel off!

I was screaming with anger! Seems like they printed the decal using cheap ink on a decal film and got away with it.  

Avoid KORA decals at all costs!

Edited by MiG Hunter