1/144 Zvesda 737-800

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Kingoalie said:

No it doesn't. There's a review over on HS.

Thanks. I know about the HS review - I posted a link to that effect (third post of this thread). I couldn't see it, but I'm unfamiliar enough with the 737 that I could easily miss it, hence the question. 

Ah my apologies; didn't realize the link was already in the thread. That being said, I think it's Braz Models who produce various antennas like the dome you're looking for.

Wow this sounds like the kit to get for this version of 737. I have a West Jet 737-800 scheme I want to do and was trying to update the Revell kit. Got some new sharklets but now it looks like I will not have to.

The thing I really want is the wi-fi antenna t put on tp. Been looking at a lot of pictures and it seems they are different which must mean different suppliers for the different airlines? I believ Braz makes a wi-fi antenna but the West Jet aircraft uses a larger one.

Chris,

The kit is superb.  The wing sections are engineered such that there's no seam on either the leading or trailing edges.

That said, be careful when mating the uppers to the lower.  If not done properly, you might experience some wing droop.

Otherwise, a joy.  

You might find the antenna through Attach Before Flight.  They're a 2 man cottage operation in The Netherlands.  If

you can't contact them directly, maybe Luchtvaart Hobbyshop has them in stock.  They do several variations, though

I don't believe the Westjet article is in their range.  Worth a try, though.  You might attempt to fashion one using a

screw cap from a hardware store.  Use it as a base, build it up with epoxy putty, and then shape with a sanding stick.

BTW, Sharklets go on Airbus n/b's.  

Al

On 5/22/2017 at 8:41 PM, radioguy said:

Chris,

The kit is superb.  The wing sections are engineered such that there's no seam on either the leading or trailing edges.

That said, be careful when mating the uppers to the lower.  If not done properly, you might experience some wing droop.

Otherwise, a joy.  

You might find the antenna through Attach Before Flight.  They're a 2 man cottage operation in The Netherlands.  If

you can't contact them directly, maybe Luchtvaart Hobbyshop has them in stock.  They do several variations, though

I don't believe the Westjet article is in their range.  Worth a try, though.  You might attempt to fashion one using a

screw cap from a hardware store.  Use it as a base, build it up with epoxy putty, and then shape with a sanding stick.

BTW, Sharklets go on Airbus n/b's.  

Al

HI Al

Thanks for the info. I will have a look at Attach before Flight.

Also not sure what you meant by Sharklets go on Airtbus. I have pictures of Westjet 737-800s with sharklets.

Edited by skyhawk174
18 minutes ago, skyhawk174 said:

Ok I think I get what you are saying now. It is a terminology thing. Sharklets are an Airbus thing. So what would Boeing be calling their double winglet thing?

Split scimitar winglet for NG, and AT (advanced technology) winglet for MAX.