Hi

The work on the Gatling Gun M197 if finally done and the first copy has been printed. Still few tweeks here and there but heres how it looks so far. Stay tuned for the announcement of the release by a well known line of after market parts company. This will be available in 1/48 and 1/35 scale.

Oliver

20170419_163833_zpsavppdkgj.jpg

Edited by Rotorman
1 hour ago, Tank said:

That be the MH-60S

Are they the only ones to have that weapon?  Not that I am complaining.  Since I was in the Navy for 6 years, I would have no problem modeling that!

• 5 months later...

Hello... I'm glad to see such interest in this... I actually designed the real version for the 60... no joke... the Navy is the only one with this, it needs the stub wings and the BRU-65. Can I get an SLA copy of it? Who is coming out with the real thing, and when? I can offer some input on it if you like.

Jeff. I wish I had found u at the beginning of this project. It was.kind of hard finding good photos of all sides.It's been designed and printed already .Putting the final touch on it before it gets released for public use.  I own the rights to the CAD design.  Do you have photos of the ammo box that goes in the help that feeds the gun. I want to include an ammo box with the gun.

Please pm me so we can talk further.

Oliver

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 7:48 PM, Jeff Shimmel said:

Hello... I'm glad to see such interest in this... I actually designed the real version for the 60... no joke... the Navy is the only one with this, it needs the stub wings and the BRU-65. Can I get an SLA copy of it? Who is coming out with the real thing, and when? I can offer some input on it if you like.

Werner's Wings will release this eventually.  We are trying to get the ammo box done but references to it are hard to come by.  If you can help I can get this done up real soon.

Thanks

Floyd

14 minutes ago, Jeff Shimmel said:

Werner's Wings will be doing it IF we can find photos of the ammo can.  The feed chute would be nice but we definitely need the ammo can.  No sense hanging the gun without it. 

If you can get us some photos to do the CAD for the ammo can I can certainly send you a copy of the gun system.

Floyd S. Werner, Jr.

Werner's Wings