This is a 1/32 Trumpeter A-4F (converted into an A-4E) I did a couple years ago.  I painstakingly looked at various reference photos of the actual jet and freeze frames from the movie to get the most accurate camouflage scheme for Jester's A-4 (I believe its the same one Viper flew), the decal instructions aren't completely accurate with how they have it depicted.  If you need more photos send me a PM with your email and I'll send you the reference material I used, however the link below should be the most accurate one you can find.

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=52778&hl=

Fights on decals (under vagabond and sold at spruebrothers) has a pretty damn good color call out.  I had it in my hand as I watch the movie and compared it to the real jet and didn't see a difference.  I would recommend them. Also any hasegawa A-4E kit will work just make sure it has the small intakes in the kit (sprue J). 

Get Fights On Decals FOD48002 which is part 2 of the sheets.....You can check with Sprue Brothers, or Hannants for the sheet....if I do believe you can hit up Mike on the boards for the sheet since I do believe he is selling.

My screen shot will not work due to being to big of a file 

Stanton

Edited by HS-4Grandson
21 hours ago, achterkirch said:

Fights on decals (under vagabond and sold at spruebrothers) has a pretty damn good color call out.  I had it in my hand as I watch the movie and compared it to the real jet and didn't see a difference.  I would recommend them. Also any hasegawa A-4E kit will work just make sure it has the small intakes in the kit (sprue J). 

Fights On and Vagabond are separate entities now. (albeit still colluding on decals) Fights On sheets are available exclusively at Sprue Brothers and Hannants, now. I just sent a huge shipment to Sprue Brothers (basically all of the decals, except what I need for the local shows and my own stash), which they should get on Monday.

19 hours ago, MHaz said:

Fights On and Vagabond are separate entities now. (albeit still colluding on decals) Fights On sheets are available exclusively at Sprue Brothers and Hannants, now. I just sent a huge shipment to Sprue Brothers (basically all of the decals, except what I need for the local shows and my own stash), which they should get on Monday.

Thanks for the heads up everyone.

On April 20, 2017 at 10:40 PM, adamitri said:

Does anyone have good pics of Vipers A-4 ?

Which kit do i need in 1/48 and are there decals available ?

Hi,

As others have said, the  Fights On Decals sheet FOD48002 is the sheet that has Vipers/Jesters Scooter on it with the Blue #55's. That is one of my favorite schemes, and I can tell you after spending numerous hours researching and studying the reference, you will not find a more accurate depiction of that scheme anywhere! The color callouts I feel are the most accurate to date. Having studied many photos of those colors, and how they look "fresh" vs "faded/weathered", I'm extremely confident in them.

Your best source of photos is actually watching Top Gun, pausing and screening caping those scenes with Viper/Jester's jet.

These sheets are exclusively available thru Sprue Brothers and Hannants.

Thanks

Mike Pister

Fights On Decals!

Edited by Mike5401