props dedicated to bruce (slartibartfast)

hi everyone.

i have promised some more props to bruce, and here they are...:cheers:

Spifire mk.ii : https://goo.gl/photos/nwPanpE1hB9w3X996

Me-109 e: https://goo.gl/photos/t69rac3YgZUW3sdU9

Fw-190 a3: https://goo.gl/photos/WzkufyLqrao54yAL8

Hurricane mk.ii c: https://goo.gl/photos/bxmNYgQS1HyeNqGx7

thanks for watching. wish you enjoyed!

bobo.

thank you bruce. the '190 is always a beautiful and aggressive looking bird.

pity hasegawa made a miscalculation with the main gear leg brace, which is too short, so that the same gear sits not completely extended.

i thought of some microsurgery intervention, but i confess i didn't have the nerve to execute it. let it be...

the fw-190 confronted me also with a big choice challenge: there was  provision for another less known ace bird where the black exhaust area was extended fore in the shape of a stylized eagle head -you possibly have seen the pics, or built it yourself.

eventually priller's personality prevailed and i gave up the eagle head for his mount.

personally, i love the galland's me-109 very much because of the intricate shades of the camo work and the contrasting blatant yellow nose.

i am about to post two more props, that will go under the title of "oldies but goldies"  because they are recent builds of vintage, early fifties' revell "superkits".

alan bussie, the manager of oldmodelkits.com was extatic about this job, and i hope that people on arc, and especially you, will like it too.

after that i will have had almost all last years' props published, and i willl have to clean, polish and shoot the earlier models, which i made by the end the first segment of my long modeling life, when i was in my twenties.

again, thanks, and have a happy modeling...

...by the way: what are you working at presently? would you show some pics of your "creatures" yourself?

ciao. bobo.

ah. are you on a sort of sabbatic vacancy from modeling? tired or brought away by other chores?

so you're one of those schizoids -with due respect- who build several models at the same time...

i really couldn't.

i am always and still emotionally so attracted and focused on what i'm building that i don't have energies to share with other projects. and this after about 58 years of modeling, though with a some 20 years interruption -i started at the age of 6.

and, by your leave, speaking of age: how much old AND bitter are you if you please?

no, i couldn't switch models, and all the more so having to switch from star trek to ww ii.

and i am monomaniac: i entered the fifties cold war jets mood some months ago, and i am building cold war jets as a serial modeler!

by the way, i also couldn't because of a matter of space: i haven't got a lab or studio, but i must fight the room for my workbench on the lunchtable...:evil-laughter:

maybe talk again soon.

ciao. bobo.

I'm two months short of my 60th birthday. Built models from 1967 to 1976. Studying for college got in the way and I didn't try model building again until 2001 or therabouts. I've been a member of ARC and Starship Modeller since about 1996. I've collected more than 250 kits in anticipation of retirement.  I'm now retired but busy with fixing my old house for sale.

so bruce, congrats for your retirement, and happy birthday in the near future! 60 is a sharp figure! i will be 64 december this year. yeah:..."i got older, lost my hair, many years from then..."

yes, the medical school and then travels and marriage, and childsbirth (2) and some other vital life events took me too away from modeling for a couple of decades.

but my mind was always on finishing the 1/72 monogram b-52 i had begun, and eventually left aside, also due to the fact that i had the pretention of doing all the different shades of metal panelings. at the time there was almost nothing to work with. after all those life events and nearing the end of my career as public health head psychiatrist in a hospital, in 2005 i decided to finish the buff tamiya gloss aluminum without many treats. the outcome was overwhelming. and i started modeling again.

i retired in 2009, and now i have a stash that looks derisory as compared to the numbers i hear of, but still, i hope to live long enough to build them all.

what did you get a degree in?

then, my most heartly wishes for both your old and new homes, and hope that you will be modeling again soon!

best cheers. bobo.