WTD: Monogram 1/48 Huey USAF Decals

Obtained an old 1/48 Monogram USAF rescue Huey kit without the decals.  Anyone have the decals they don't want or would like to get rid of?  Figured I would ask around first before having to go and do the artwork up for some decals.

As always. Thanks in advance.

John

Ohio, USA

UH1B-usaf.jpg

John,

The kit is a hodgepodge of various Huey variants none of which were actually found on USAF helos.  The USAF flew the UH-1F with a longer tailboom, 90 degree exhaust and 48 ft 205 main rotor.  This kit is a chimera of multiple variants.  The tail and sync elevators are form a Army UH-1B the main rotor and roof mounted pitot are characteristic of a Army UH-1C and the roof mounted rescue hoist and housing were found on Marine UH-1Es, Navy UH-1Ls, HH-1Ks and TH-1Ls.  Personally I would consider building this kit as a Marine UH-1E and using teh decals from the "Huey Hog" kit.  While still not perfectly accurate, it's certainly much closer to a UH-1E than a UH-1F.   I have tons of Huey Hog decals and would be happy to send you some if you like.

Ray

Here is an actual UH-1F of the 37th ARRS taken in October of 1978.  From Wayne Mutza's collection.

Image may contain: sky, airplane and outdoor