Is there no love for the CH-47D in 1/48th scale?

I've been looking....plenty in 1/72nd and 1/35th scales......but none in 48th . Would also like to see an MH-47 IN quarter scale. Little fruustrated as I'm building a D model for my brother in law as he worked on them in Afghanistan for the RCAF. Would love to see the F model too.....

Edited by Emvar

I also have a soft spot for the quarterscale Chinook! Love the JSDF Camo, RCAF is also great. A set with the big tanks and the necessary lumps and bumps and decals would be great to get a proper actual CH-47.

CMK and Eduard have already some Resin and PE for the Chinook.

For those that want to do a Canadian F in 1/48 I would push for a 1/48 MH-47G kit instead as it would be more likely to be made (as more popular I believe) and would be pretty easy to convert to a Canadian F. Of course us 1/72 guys can already do that with the MH-47G from Italeri/Revell......

Edited by RCAFFAN
On 2017-04-22 at 8:33 PM, Emvar said:

I've been looking....plenty in 1/72nd and 1/35th scales......but none in 48th . Would also like to see an MH-47 IN quarter scale. Little fruustrated as I'm building a D model for my brother in law as he worked on them in Afghanistan for the RCAF. Would love to see the F model too.....

Agree, we need an F.

I knew a lot of guys on the Shithooks. I may know your brother-in-law.

20 hours ago, Scooby said:

Agree, we need an F.

I knew a lot of guys on the Shithooks. I may know your brother-in-law.

He worked in 408 sqn in Edmonton with the griffins then transitioned to the Chinooks in Afghanistan then settled into 450 in Pet.

41 minutes ago, Emvar said:

He worked in 408 sqn in Edmonton with the griffins then transitioned to the Chinooks in Afghanistan then settled into 450 in Pet.

I am ex-408 too, I worked Griffons, Hueys and the Kiowa. I know a few guys that went to Chinooks and Pet.

I actually went up their today for a visit.

On Sun Apr 23 2017 at 7:47 AM, Stephen said:

The Italeri 1/48 CH-47D is being re-released this year.  

This is the first I have seen of this, this is good news!  Any idea as to when they will re-release it?

18 hours ago, mike_45 said:

This is the first I have seen of this, this is good news!  Any idea as to when they will re-release it?

No idea, it's listed as forthcoming on Hannants but it could be any time.

• 3 weeks later...

There was an CH-47D in 48th about 7 years, but I was so Tight fisted w/ $$ , I didn't buy one, now they're OOP. Snooze YOU LOOSE

I think the only kit still available is the HC. 1 &  AC-47A

Edited by Todd
addition
  • 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Italeri  1/48 CH-47D/F Chinook release imminent

http://www.italeri.com/scheda.asp?idProdotto=2669

We will have to see if Italeri adds the resin set as standard or it's another re-release with a £40 addition to the kit price. 

Also so will Italeri add Sand filters?

Time will tell I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...