Once upon a time in the Falaise gapp:

3333333236663762.jpg

A kit from the time when there was no Internet and no forum. So I can offer you omly some pics of the finished vehicle taken during Modell-Fairs.

p5-01.jpg

p5-02.jpg

p5-03.jpg

p5-04.jpg

p5-09.jpg

p5-11.jpg

p5-12.jpg

p5-13.jpg

p5-07.jpg

PantherA-09.jpg

PantherA-10.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Very nicely done Michael, nice Zim and painting technique. I think you captured the reference image very well. Unique display from all the other Panthers you see at shows. Just a small correction, this is not the Falaise Gap

The Panther you depicted belonged to 1.Kompanie/SS-Panzer-Regiment 12 of the 12th SS-Panzer Division Hitlerjugend, a unit I've spent far too much of my life researching. Contrary to incorrect captions the Panther was knocked out by an anti-tank gun located in the Almir Garden near the Church on the South side of Bretteville-l'Orgueilleuse on 8 June 1944. This was during Kurt Meyer's failed night attack on Bretteville Norrey where he committed Max Wünsche's Panthers to an engagement without proper infantry support something Kurt Meyer would later mock the British for in his memoirs.

Previous captions indicated the tank was flipped over after being knocked out by an Allied fighter bomber which isn't factual. The kocked out Panther was encumbering passage along the N13 road and pushed off into the field where it came to rest upside down. The N13 was not the wide road it is today. The Panther was then used for explosive penetration testing on the underside hull which was now exposed. The banner was placed there to warn others there was unexploded ordinance.

The Lemanissier Shed is still there to this day. Bretteville-l'Orgueilleuse is 50.4km North-Northeast from Falaise . The Falaise Gap, also known as the Falaise Pocket. occurred from Aug 12, 1944 – Aug 21, 1944. The scene you modeled was June 8-9 1944.

First time I've seen it actually modeled and again hats off to you.

1+Kompanie+Panzer+Regiment+12+Brettevill

1+Kompanie+Panzer+Regiment+12+Brettevill

The same area today

Bretteville-l-Orgueilleuse.jpg

Edited by snake36bravo