CD48120 - 1/48 F-106A "City of Jacksonville"

CD48120 will be a 1/48 scale sheet dedicated to the "City of Jacksonville", the 1976 Florida ANG bicentennial scheme worn on one of their F-106 Delta Darts. After a long research and design process, I sent it to be printed a few days ago; and I am ready to announce it now.

An easy project this was not - getting many lost details of this scheme right involved going through lots of photos, moldy old magazines, and a visit to the Florida public library system to track down an obscure pamphlet. 

It will be part of my May batch of releases. Designed to fit both the Monogram and Trumpeter kits (with some minor modifications). What you're seeing is the multi-color main page with smaller markings, star patterns for the tail and drop tanks. There is a second, all-white page (not shown) with stars to cover the front fuselage and spine.

I will release a 1/72 version (CD72067) at the same time.

cd48120promo.jpg

Beautiful! If I'm not mistaken, I think Cartograf did this for one of the limited-run Hasegawa issues in 1/72 scale. They had those small Bicentennial circle markings for sure. But I'm buyin' the 1/72 one when it comes, Kursad! Thank you!

3 hours ago, Paul Boyer said:

Beautiful! If I'm not mistaken, I think Cartograf did this for one of the limited-run Hasegawa issues in 1/72 scale. They had those small Bicentennial circle markings for sure. But I'm buyin' the 1/72 one when it comes, Kursad! Thank you!

Hi Paul - I think the Hasegawa boxing is still sought after, but there are several small errors on the sheet and I think the older Scale Master sheet is more accurate in some respects. I think I did a good job overall and  I hope the 1/72 sheet will also do well. I sized mine for the Meng kit.

23 hours ago, KursadA said:

Hi Paul - I think the Hasegawa boxing is still sought after, but there are several small errors on the sheet and I think the older Scale Master sheet is more accurate in some respects. I think I did a good job overall and  I hope the 1/72 sheet will also do well. I sized mine for the Meng kit.

I have one of these kits and the Scalemaster decals sheet., but now I have the Meng kit I have been waiting for a decal sheet like this.

• 2 weeks later...
On May 1, 2017 at 1:34 PM, titan8251 said:

Finally! can't wait to get these in my hands........

Hey!!! WTF?!?!

Send back those decals I gave you if you're going to sell out to the "City of Jacksonville "!  

😭😭😭😭😭

Ha.  Just kidding.  

Chris

• 1 month later...

Available for preorder now. If you are ordering from outside the US and plan to order the new C-130H sheets; please wait until I announce them later tonight in the mailing list. 

Otherwise, operators are standing by:

cd48120profile.jpg

CD48120 - 1/48 F-106A "City of Jacksonville"

(*):  You are a member of the mailing list - aren't you???

The sheet came out really nice - including a crisp representation of the "mystery badge", the details of which apparently eluded some US decal makers for 20+ years. 

cd48120p1.JPG

cd48120p2.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

At last it's arrived! ... THEY have arrived. Just super printing and clarity!  A couple of nits: the ink on the directions smeared on every page, making a line or two on "Before you Begin" in the directions unreadable. Would it be possible to put the directions on your reference page? 

Also Ref.photo 4 isn't actually available at the links provided, but I found what's probably it by googling.

Overall, a fabulous sheet. Can't believe it's here at last.

On 7/10/2017 at 8:42 PM, Space Tiger Hobbes said:

At last it's arrived! ... THEY have arrived. Just super printing and clarity!  A couple of nits: the ink on the directions smeared on every page, making a line or two on "Before you Begin" in the directions unreadable. Would it be possible to put the directions on your reference page? 

Also Ref.photo 4 isn't actually available at the links provided, but I found what's probably it by googling.

Overall, a fabulous sheet. Can't believe it's here at last.

Please send me an e-mail and I will send you the instruction sheet. The "before you begin" section basically only has some blurb about the various star sizes used in the design and how you can use the spare stars provided. You should  not need to use the spare stars unless you want to correct a misplaced star or two (which I am sure there are a few, in a design this complicated and poorly documented).