HUEYs at the Gulf /desert storm war

They were very active, both Army and Marine versions.   I believe an Army UH-1H had the misfortune of being the last Army Huey lost to hostile fire.   Speaking of, if anyone has info on that specific incident, please post.   Might make for a nice build once / if the KH 35th scale kit ever gets here.  

Should be be able to google plenty of pics or just ask on the Huey FB page. 

Edited by 11bee

There were UH-1H and UH-1V medevacs in the gulf war, equipped with all the Aircraft Survavility Equipment. I stil owe you the mickey mouse UH-1V photo. Trust me, its a real beauty!

Ray has some photos, hope he can upload some.

Rod.

1 hour ago, salvador001 said:

There were UH-1H and UH-1V medevacs in the gulf war, equipped with all the Aircraft Survavility Equipment. I stil owe you the mickey mouse UH-1V photo. Trust me, its a real beauty!

Rod.

Thanks man!

yes I want to see that bird! RAY COME TO THE RESCUE!

2 hours ago, 11bee said:

They were very active, both Army and Marine versions.   I believe an Army UH-1H had the misfortune of being the last Army Huey lost to hostile fire.   Speaking of, if anyone has info on that specific incident, please post.   Might make for a nice build once / if the KH 35th scale kit ever gets here.  

Should be be able to google plenty of pics or just ask on the Huey FB page. 

I was trying to look on google but just found a single photo the one of the huey flying arround the pyramids I think..

48 minutes ago, CharlieUH-1H said:

I found this

if some of them are not from those war please correct me.

courage1.jpg

Your second pic is from the movie Courage Under Fire (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courage_Under_Fire), which was about a Huey MedEvac crew and their actions when shot down in Desert Storm.  Here is a larger version of it.  They don't appear to have any of the ASE gear that was on Hueys in the late '80s to early '90s.  They look to only have wire cutters on them.

Image result for courage under fire huey

Edited by HeavyArty
23 hours ago, CharlieUH-1H said:

Hello 

anyone happened to have pictures of HUEYs working on this conflict? Desert storm or Gulf war ? 

I was looking on but just found a single photo 

Try the web site dstorm.eu. There are many photos of many of the aircraft that were involved in the conflict.

On 4/24/2017 at 3:12 PM, salvador001 said:

Rod.

Look what I found amigo 

x2kmx3.jpg
34g96h5.jpg
qxtekx.jpg

2 hours ago, salvador001 said:

Oh yes, those are the medevac hueys i was talking about. They are beautiful.

Hope i will make one with the new kit.

Rod.

yes! absolutely, I was think on bring this logo to photoshop and make it on vinil to see how it comes out, when done Ill show you