Need ZA466 Tornado info

Thanks for those pics, they are very useful. It seems that the Tonka lost a tyre and I wonder if the nose laser sensor is still there or perhaps some feets behind the plane!

Thanks again Zach!!

I've actually only been looking into Tornado's for about 5 days now. Never had any real interest in them but as of late the damn thing just looks like a hot rod with wings to me and I can't get enough of them. Anyway if I recall correctly I read that she suffered a hydraulic failure in the nose gear upon landing and smashed into the runway. I may be wrong. Here's a little motivation for ya:

59 minutes ago, Jabba29 said:

There are also some photos on the web site dstorm.eu. If you go to "Planes and nose art" you will find a section or all the countries involved, click on UK and then on Tornado GR1.

Thank you for that excellent site, a lot of info about planes involved in the war!! A lot of ideas for future models...Link saved!

many thanks!!

1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

I've actually only been looking into Tornado's for about 5 days now. Never had any real interest in them but as of late the damn thing just looks like a hot rod with wings to me and I can't get enough of them. Anyway if I recall correctly I read that she suffered a hydraulic failure in the nose gear upon landing and smashed into the runway. I may be wrong. Here's a little motivation for ya:

The Tornado is a real beauty with a great variety of schemes that makes her extremely interesting to build. I'd make one from each country and color, low and hi viz, commemorative paintings.....I'll buy some initial Marineflieger decals for a future Tornado.

Excellent video, i'd like to be on that hill!!

And about the ZA466 mishap, it seems that the plane hit an incorrectly raised arrestor barrier at the end of the runway and then went down in Tabuk. More info > HERE <

Thanks again!

I.Martin