3 hours ago, Fighting Eighty-Four said:

So I came across this entry on Scalemates today...

1074032-22174-83-720.jpg

I can't find any info on this doing a Google search.  Has this been on anyone's radar?   Would be nice to have an alternative to the difficult Kitty Hawk kit in 1/48.

The box says "accurate exterior" & "lots of surface details". The questions now are:: 1. Have they toned down the surface details and brought them closer to the real thing as compared to the Hasegawa F-22's "exaggerated" panels? 2. Have they come up with a new or better idea of highlighting the RAM panels in different hue vis-a-vis the airframe background?

Edited by flybywire
13 minutes ago, flanker27 said:

So many new toys.... so little money

SO True...and I say this  as my stash overflows with stuff that I should have NEVER Bought..you know the ones you say to yourself man I wanna build that  & yet there it sits untouched for 15 years:bandhead2:

1 minute ago, viper730 said:

SO True...and I say this  as my stash overflows with stuff that I should have NEVER Bought..you know the ones you say to yourself man I wanna build that  & yet there it sits untouched for 15 years:bandhead2:

You're not alone brother.

Well for at least the Kittyhawk F-35A and F-35B kits you will have RAM panel decals by Wolfpak Decals, sheets 48-005 and 48-006 respectively, within the next month.  They'll retail for $8.50 and will give you enough to do one aircraft.

Mark S.

Wolfpak Decals

3 hours ago, Mark S. said:

Well for at least the Kittyhawk F-35A and F-35B kits you will have RAM panel decals by Wolfpak Decals, sheets 48-005 and 48-006 respectively, within the next month.  They'll retail for $8.50 and will give you enough to do one aircraft.

Mark S.

Wolfpak Decals

Could you provide the link to this please. All I could find are 48005 for T-38A Talon & 48006 for Polikarpov I-16.

Hope they would also make one for F-35C.

Edited by flybywire
38 minutes ago, flybywire said:

Could you provide the link to this please. All I could find are 48005 for T-38A Talon & 48006 for Polikarpov I-16.

Hope they would also make one for F-35C.

What you were looking at was Wolfpack Design (Gustav Jung) company based in South Korea.

Mark S -> Wolfpak Decals based in the USA (hint: there's no "C" between the A and K) and here's the link to his website, although he hasn't added them to the site yet. http://millcreekconsultants.com/

12 hours ago, Mark S. said:

Mark S.

Wolfpak Decals

Great news I have a F-35A I want them for. What color is the F-35A paint? Is there an FS number thats close?

For the current fleet of F-35's the paint color as noted above is FS 36170.  Sovereign Hobbies: https://www.sovereignhobbies.co.uk/  has a range of paint called Colorcoats which has the color.  When I get time I'll post somewhere on ARC a photo of a model I've built with this paint color and the 1/72 scale decals.  FWIW the photos above still show a few panels with the different color of paint on the fuselage sides.  Think we well need to wait until we get a few photos out under the sun.  The decals themselves are printed to match FS 36231 Dark Gull Grey.

Mark S.

Wolfpak Decals

10 hours ago, Inquisitor said:

What you were looking at was Wolfpack Design (Gustav Jung) company based in South Korea.

Mark S -> Wolfpak Decals based in the USA (hint: there's no "C" between the A and K) and here's the link to his website, although he hasn't added them to the site yet. http://millcreekconsultants.com/

Oh that one. I've seen it several times already but didn't bother to click on it coz I think it's a completely different webpage. 

Thanks for the info!

Edited by flybywire

I have two Kittyhawk Cs so I am glad I did not purchase an A.

Is FS36231 the official color for the RAM panels, or is this a guess?  What differences are there between the A and C models with regard to the RAM panels?  Is it mainly a larger wing?  I've been holding off on finishing painting my C because I do not look forward to masking the RAM panels.

If FS 36170 is the recommended color for the airframe and FS 36231 for the RAM panels, what would it be for the radome, if we're going to base on the picture posted by Crazy Snap Captain?

Edited by flybywire