1/48 inflight F-16 old demo

1998 demo F-16 from belgian airforce

Model is hasegawa, daco decals, brassin seat

Modification: dropping the LEF, closing the nozzle, converting the Aim-9 to smokepods

F-16_hasegawa_final1.png

F-16_hasegawa_final2.png

F-16_hasegawa_final3.png

didn't use the top wings and stab decals but rather tried to paint them:

F-16_hasegawa_paint1.png

F-16_hasegawa_paint2.png

full build report (along with a kinetic line Baf F-16): http://reddogmodels.blogspot.be/2017/02/kinetic-vs-hasegawa-vs-tamiya-f-16-148.html

Thank you gents.

It's far from a perfect build, the challenge was the painting of the wing with the fading of the blue lines. 

When I look back I should have painted the blue lines on the fuselage and I should have tried harder fixing the intake :)

How did you close the nozzle?

I didn't. I was lucky and found a closed nozzle in my stash of parts. I can't remember from where it come but it was very handy. It just required a bit of sanding to fit.

what a cool scheme and one I have never seen before

If I remember right it was used only for one airshow season here in Belgium in 1998.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like in-flight models as a rule, but this one is very fine indeed. Most excellent painting. 

You could have sprayed the whole scheme, as you said, I think it's quite obvious from the wings that you would have aced it. 

Brilliant!